Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7138 results found

1. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to have the ability to add videos or GIFs to my pages. I imagine it to work like adding images. I would be an awesome addition to digital note taking.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Offer commission for affiliate link sales. Would promote this app all the time!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lasso with finger when using Apple Pencil

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Is there a way to update the date of the folder after editing the notebooks inside it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I adjust the line spacing pretty frequently, and it's really difficult to get it to a precise level.

The slider will almost always shift once you lift your finger or pencil from the iPad. This same problem also happens if you're using a Mac with a trackpad. It wouldn't be as big of an annoyance if the + and - buttons adjusted the slider at a better rate. On the Mac, one click on either button only adjusts the value by 0.01 pt.

Personally, I think it'd be a lot easier for the user if you could manually enter the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I use GoodNotes to label anatomy pictures. I paste the picture into GoodNotes app on my laptop and then label the image with my iPad + Apple Pencil. Multiple times, I've labeled an image fully (takes a lot of time) and on my laptop, when trying to sync, it slightly moves the image so all of my labels are now off and impossible to re-align because when you move an image, the labels go behind it (can't see anything). It would be nice if you could merge layers (image + labels) so nothing can detach them like moving the image.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Track changes: allow users to see changes that they've made to their notes document so that they can restore to previous versions if necessary
    View previous versions: allow users to see any previous saved versions of their document and allow them to restore to a version if necessary.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The current dark mode in GN is simply turning the theme into dark, but not the document. This is not particularly useful, and the dark mode seems to appeal only to people who at the start make the notes with a dark background. What I suggest is to introduce two types of dark nodes and let users have the freedom to choose between the two. The other dark mode would turn every colour into its “opposite” colour (MarginNote does this with their dark mode, and I do find that experience much better). It would be really great if you could…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great if we could have "profiles" set up for Pen Colours (and thicknesses)

For example, for my work notes, I use Black, Red and Blue pens but for my journaling, diary, personal note taking, I also use different colours with larger pen thickness etc.

Currently I have to manually select the colours and pen thicknesses when switching from professional to personal notebooks but using profiles would help make and instant switch between different profiles for different uses

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After the numbers of tabs gets too big (I.e. >10) , add a setting that lets the app auto close the oldest tab to keep the tab count manageable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a place in which you can study the flashcards for that day. The flashcards that are proposed follows space repetition

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let the user choose if he wants a rounded or flat highlighter. It would make highlighting easy and allow other uses for highlighters that require a flat edge.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. stop compressing images imported into pdf. Retain the image quality please!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I like to use the present mode where GoodNotes shows the entire page rather than just the part of the page I’m currently zooming in on. This works really well for giving lectures on Zoom – the students get a much better overview of the lecture when they don’t have to see me scrolling. But the thing is, a page in portrait mode takes up only a small part of the centre when viewed on a 16:9 display. The rest of the space is just being wasted. So what I would really like is a new present mode that shows…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Using a mouse wheel to scroll to the top of a paper, I frequently end up unintentionally adding copies of the first page. I think my record is something like 6 copies before I noticed and deleted them,.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am suggesting to add a setting to be able to more the undo and redo buttons to the magnifying screen for easier access. When writing notes in class it slows you down to have to go to the top of the screen to undo. I believe that this is just a apple pencil gen 1 problem since we do not have the double tap feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?