Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7137 results found

1. Please add sticky notes. This would be extreme useful when marking up pdf’s of needing to emphasize something in my own hand written notes. Also when are these updates being done? It seems like some of these things have been requested for 2 years and still not done. Unfortunately if things can not be added, I will find another app that does have these features.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I love use goodnotes but not being able to create sub outlines within the outlines is very frustrating and may cause me to switch apps. Please add this feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Instead of having to scroll through different tabs for notes when several of them are open, they should condense and all stay on the screen for easier access (similar to how google chrome tabs do)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I really miss the feature that many other pdf viewers (and browsers, eg safari) have, where one presses and holds the scrolling button to move it up/down to a desired page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I really miss the feature that many other pdf viewers (and browsers, eg safari) have, where one presses and holds the scrolling button to move it up/down to a desired page.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I really miss the feature that many other pdf viewers (and browsers, eg safari) have, where one presses and holds the scrolling button to move it up/down to a desired page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add a feature that puts text on top of the highlight whenever text is highlighted. Currently, only black colored writing shows up on top of the highlight. With any other color, the highlight goes on top of the words, which means when I write new text, the color of the words look uneven. Thanks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice if there was a possibility to write on a page just like on a normal Word or Pages page, without having to insert a text field you have to adjust. I usually take notes with the iPad, but lately I started preferring taking notes with the MacBook. I have a lot of issues with the text fields we have at the moment. It is fine if I have to add some notes to a PDF file, but starting on a blank page is just a no for me.
    This has become such a big problem for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have the option to be able to sort pen and highlighter colours into chosen orders so they are easier to find and make it easier to see the difference in similar colours.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. automatic inversion of colour if i have the black background otherwise i ll finish all my toner for every document!!! one note do this...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. After converting into pdf sometimes highlighter colour become messy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After I export a pdf document to another app and then import another file to GoodNotes, the screen is just dimmed as if it would give me the option to select an import location.

For example, i would export my science homework file to an app. Then, I would import another homework file into GoodNotes while the export option is still open and it goes dim.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After I export a pdf document to another app and then import another file to GoodNotes, the screen is just dimmed as if it would give me the option to select an import location.

For example, i would export my science homework file to an app. Then, I would import another homework file into GoodNotes while the export option is still open and it goes dim.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After I export a pdf document to another app and then import another file to GoodNotes, the screen is just dimmed as if it would give me the option to select an import location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. After I export a pdf document to another app and then import another file to GoodNotes, the screen is just dimmed as if it would give me the option to select an import location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After I export a pdf document to another app and then import another file to GoodNotes, the screen is just dimmed as if it would give me the option to select an import location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be awesome to be able to control Goodnotes on the Mac using VIM style keyboard bindings.
    Not all VIM functionality has to be included, but some essential keyboard bindings that many people are already used to would create an awesome user experience for vim users.
    Examples:
    j / k to scroll down/up (and h/l for left/right)
    ctrl-d /ctrl-u for page down/page up
    / for searching
    gg to go to the top of the document
    G to go to the bottom of the document
    :4 to go to page 4
    and so on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?