Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7145 results found

1. Change the lasso tool so that it separates images and elements.
    So it would have:
    'Handwriting'
    'Images'
    'Elements'
    'Text boxes'
    in the options for what you can select.
    Because when im trying to move a small element on a large image, it moves them both which is not what i want to do.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Using elements is fantastic, however, I would like to be able to crop from the lasso tool. Right now, if I place a calendar block and need to change the size, I have to select element, which then auto-selects the lasso tool. To crop an element, I then have to select the image, which brings up the image selector on the page, then click off of that, and then select crop. It adds so many extra steps. Why not just have the crop option from the lasso tool? It would save so many steps!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Selective erase, just like the lasso tool. At the moment the only selection available for eraser is “Erase Highlighted Only” but some times i want to delete the text or shape within the highlighted area. Would be nice that we could pick “Erase handwriting only” as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Here is my issue: I am writing a document with a lots of design and art work. Suppose I have filled page “A” with lot of content non sequentially. Now I’ve moved on to next page “B”. Accidentally I draw somethings on page B. Then as per my habit I tap undo couple of times, now if unknowingly do more undos than the changes on page B. It undos changes on page A as well. If I don’t notice it then I’ve lost last content put on page A. If I notice it, then I have to press redo till…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the app called Documents, by Readdle, there is a feature for PDF files called Crop Mode, which removes excess white space around a page (if applicable), allowing text to be brought more to the front, closer to filling up the entire screen. It is very functional, and makes reading easier since the texts is expanded. As you can see based on photos, the text becomes significantly bigger. This feature alone makes me have to keep my textbooks in the Documents app, since GoodNotes doesn't have this feature. Would love to see it come to GoodNotes! Thank you for your…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to index any note with keywords too. this should make it possible to search across folders for these keywords.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On dark paper when you highlight after writing, the highlighter goes over the pen instead of under, which is bothersome. Would prefer if y'all made it so that the default is highlight goes under pen no matter what the color of the paper is.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. you should be able to start typing in a box as soon as you click the text function and be able to start typing where u last put your pencil (so you can point and the textbox appears there) (or add a starting point). This way you don’t lose time switching between modes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you start using text there should immediately appear a toolbar so you can use the typing function as within word/pages… you should be able to start typing in a box as soon where u last put your pencil(or add a starting point). This way you don’t lose time switching between modes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I’ve seen lots of ideas about outlines and in conclusion I think a side view plus the ability to add outlines as one would see fit (wether it is notebooks within notebooks or just inside a document like in Word with headings and titles). This is really one of the biggest shortcomings of GoodNotes and makes the app always feel replaceble.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'd really like a way to set up Outlines for our notebooks so that each section has its own subsection. The subsection would be linked altogether (e.g., Chapter 1 is one, Chapter 2 is another, etc.)

That way, we could more easily drag and drop to reorder things in our notebook instead of having to tediously do each slide one-by-one!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great to be able to only synch certain folders or notes to iCloud in order to reduce traffic. I have quite a lot of notes that I only need on my iPad, but would like to synch only some folders to my Macbook.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I hope you can add an option to have a page flipping ‘animation’ whenever going from one page to another that is similar to what it would look like in real life. Instead of the usually swiping to the next page, we would need this animation feature to add more fun and simulation to our note making process. Additionally, this would dramatically make the app more real to life. Personally, this would make me more engaged (and happy hehe) when flipping through long textbook PDFs or my digital notebooks. It would be such a joy to have these feature, and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great that you can extend your display with an external monitor, besides the already existing mirroring option. So that you can view good notes documents, while working on another on the ipad.

(great for the smaller ipads)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have different color schemes for different books and it annoys me that I constantly have to change which three pencil and highlighter color shows on the toolbar. This would be an awesome upgrade!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add pencil feature along with pen because little rough texture helps to better shape of words, specifically when someone use screen guard which very smooth instead of paper texture guard or paper like. Please add

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently keyboard shortcut for Element is not enabled. even though it is stated as M upon hovering over the button.

also an option to not leave element tool after adding an element will be nice. it'll be useful when catching up on the older task during bullet journalling.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be very useful to know real time current language usage and update when we change language like widows. I don't want to try to type just 1 letter to see what language is. Sometime a change language button on my keyboard is not working or there's no popup on a screen shows that a language is already changed or not, so I don't know that a language is still not changed yet. Please add it!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When writing in the zoom box, it is often convenient to focus the main window at a site separate from the place one is writing. In GN4 the window stayed where it ‘was set’. In GN5, it slides to the place of writing. Please freeze the main window. (And return the other features of the GN4 zoom box, as others suggest :)). Thanks for a great App!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please bring goodnotes app for Android tablets. I really loved goodnotes on ipad but I have not shifted to Android tabs. There are no goo alternatives. Would love to get Good notes on Android. Please accept this Good notes Team!!!!!

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?