Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7115 results found

1. If expanding the margins isn't possible, maybe there could be an option to have the pdf pages imported as vector images (like .svg) on a goodnotes page. That way you could move around and resize each page of the pdf to create margin space where it is needed. This is different from importing the pdf pages as rasterized images. Text should still be readable even if the imported page is scaled.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please an easier way to upload a Custom notebook cover when creating a new notebook. This should not be an elaborate process of exiting and entering a new window area to edit templates or require a tutorial.
    The cover should be easy to upload from phone or desktop and includes auto cropping /resizing of the image.
    Please compare to Zoho Notes and how easy it is to create custom notebook covers and also how images are stored as templates to re-use for new notebooks as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. to have more than 3 colors (maybe 4) on the bar for highlight

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I liked the sticky note, but there should be system of pop up like sticky note because in most of the pdf documents , there is no space to write anything. If pop up like sticky note will available there then it will more convenient to take short note.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The same way that you can save three pens I would like to be able to save multiple font settings

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Handwriting flashcards is a great idea, but it would be even better if we could print them with proper formatting (double sided) with the question on one side and the answer on the other. This would be really helpful for practicing with physical cards for studying rather than staring at a screen, but also gives the ability to add images / organize diagrams and such more cleanly.

Thank you for your consideration!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When teaching I feel I have only two options: 1) Show the completed note set to students all at once or 2) Transfer the notes from another document into a blank goodnotes document. Option 1 can be overwhelming to students and option 2 can lead to mistakes when transferring the messages.

A feature that could solve these issues would be the option to open a document in "teaching mode". "Teaching mode" would show the students a blank document, however for the teacher on the iPad (or other device) they would see the document they had prepared with all the writing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I was recently told that you can only back up and synch to iCloud if you want to use GoodNotes5 across multiple devices. It would be great to be have the option to do it through Google Drive or Dropbox as well.

I believe this was an option previously. Please, please bring it back!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. when downloading new apps in Apple os like ios, it shows a blue sign that it's new.

if a yellow circle shows that it's uploading and disappear after the upload is done. it helps users to know which device is slow in responding.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When saving my text default I’d like “centered” to save as well instead of always going back to left justification

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having two split screens open with one side covering 3/4 of the ipad screen leads to a zoom issue. This is how to reproduce it, load two documents in the good notes split screen mode, the smallest covering 1/4 of the screen in lanscape mode. Double tap to zoom. Leave goodnotes. Reopen it. See that the zoom mode is wrong: small text on right side split screen zoomed in accidentally. See attached footage of the bug. Ipad os and goodnotes are both up to date. … sorry attachment mp4 not allowed in your feedback form.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The document scan post processing for taking pictures is really good but I commonly take pictures of my notes to insert them into goodnotes using image insert because document scan creates a new page unnecessarily. Would it be possible to implement the post processing to any image after having taken the photo? Or even making it possible to insert images that get post processing using camera insert?

Did an example of what it would look like by cropping the result from document scan below and comparing to what the camera gets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The document scan post processing for taking pictures is really good but I commonly take pictures of my notes to insert them into goodnotes using image insert because document scan creates a new page unnecessarily. Would it be possible to implement the post processing to any image after having taken the photo? Or even making it possible to insert images that get post processing using camera insert?

Did an example of what it would look like by cropping the result from document scan below and comparing to what the camera gets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Notability", "Noteshelf", and "Planner for ipad" apps have their own official stores where we can find sticky notes, arrows, templates, planners, stickers, and notebook covers. There are also a variety of sticky notes, arrows, templates, planners, stickers, and notebook covers. If you don't have the time to customize our own notebook, it's very convenient to buy directly from the store and use it right away.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The 1st request is that I would like to be able to view multiple pages in the same notebook in facing pages or tabs.
    Especially, in planner and schedule management notebooks, I always compare and refer to multiple pages while writing and grasping, so the bookmarking back and forth is not enough to cover my needs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. By pressing and holding without drawing, it temporarily changes to the lasso tool.
    After deselecting, return to the original tool.
    I sometimes want to correct the position of text while handwriting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want more drawing space.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Just like the one penultimate (the app by Evernote for handwritten notes) has! It's basically an adjusted eraser size which gets smaller when you're holding the eraser still but gets larger when you speed the eraser.

This could make it easier and quicker to erase things without having to adjust the eraser size every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can you add an option to not include the background when using the lasso tool to take a screenshot? I often will use this feature to put diagrams I've made into typed notes (printed on white paper); however, I usually use GoodNotes with yellow dotted paper. Instead of changing the background template, taking a screen shot, and then changing it back, it would be much easier to have this option available when taking a screenshot. Something similar is provided when exporting (i.e., by selecting "don't export background").

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?