Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7136 results found

1. I love GoodNotes but the most tedious thing I dislike about the program is my handwriting. It would be amazing if the text box could be configured for a general use so you can write how you would with the pen but it converts to a preinstalled font. I have so much trouble with the text box adjusting them to the side, trying to go to the next line without using the keyboard, moving the text box.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Set up automatic backup of Baidu network disk for Chinese users, because most Chinese users do not use Google drive. But we have great demands for automatic backup, equipment coordination, and data transfer and sharing. I sincerely hope that you can adopt this suggestion, thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Instead of only being able to resize with a locked aspect ratio, add vertical and horizontal resize capabilities

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using splitscreen, generally if you want a good screenshot you have to zoom in and out to do so. However, if there was a functionality to screenshot the other page that you’re working off of and then import it into the page that you’re working on, you could get much higher quality notes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if there were more stickers for note-taking. I'm thinking like a ! and ?. And also like the word IMPORTANT. Just more note-taking sticker options

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When you open a pdf or a slide that has been imported have it gray out/highlight places where it thinks would be a good idea to highlight. Would be great for people that are not good at taking notes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The laser pointer has a very cool design to it. I would love if they could make the design of how it looks into a pen so you could write notes using that design

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 你们在最新版本中去掉了这个选项,无法隐藏状态栏。本来工具栏面积就很大,现在不能隐藏状态栏,导致文档显示面积进一步被压缩。不要为了适配iPados15的分屏键,就让整个软件变得难用。

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The option to create/add a footer or header and an option to display page numbers on all paper templates

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is sometimes convenient to look at one page of the document and write on another. Currently moving the zoom window leads to jumpback to the page the window is on. Please allow the jumpback to be disabled. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please bring good notes to android, I use tab s7 plus , samsung notes and noteshelf is very useless , please bring to android, I even ready to pay double than a apple user , please bring it broo

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Writing near the bottom edge of the page is very uncomfortable. Please allow us to move the page without it snapping back so we can keep the writing area on the most comfortable part of the screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. For GoodNotes, I think it would be better if you change the app price into free, because some users like me who doesn’t buy any apps, just in case I don’t use it anymore, might really need GoodNotes, but unable to buy.

2. Maybe GoodNotes can have an audio recording, similar like Notability. Since more users are using GoodNotes, it would be better if there is an audio recording function.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have an iPad with large storage, and have only limited iCloud. I would love to clean my iCloud and move all all documents to my iPad storage. I am afraid to clear iCloud storage to loose any files as I’m not sure which ones are saved on iCloud and which ones are saved on iPad. I tried to find some help on blog but people are only asking about the other way around than I need, i.e. they are asking about uploading all the files to iCloud from iPad.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The book I am studying has Roman numerals (I-II-III) at the beginning. Then, Arabic numerals would start (1-2-3). What’s frustrating is when I want to search for Arabic numeral page “14” in GoodNotes, it’ll take me to Arabic numeral page “2” instead.

I attached a photo.

Adding the option to renumber pages to Roman numerals would help this make page searching that much easier. Adding the option to unnumbered pages would help too! Sometimes I add regular notebook page in-between the other pages in order to write my own detailed notes.

I attached a mock-up of how the thumbnails tab…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The situation is

1. some user who use secondary language need to switch back to EN before they can use keyboard shortcut
    2. some use prefer to use Cmd+1, Cmd+2, Cmd+3 ,...

so it wound be better to let user customize the keyboard shortcut their own way

(including shortcut for each 1st - 3rd color of highlight and pen)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This is not a major, groundbreaking change, but I think it’d be incredibly useful for some use cases if GoodNotes showed the date that notes were created as well as when they were last modified.

I often want to go back to notes that were created around a particular date, such as, say, November 2016. Once I make a change to an old note I currently have no way of knowing when it was originally created. I do a lot of planning that requires knowing when documents were created, which is making me regret having stored my docs in GoodNotes…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Choosing favourite pages from different files and putting them collectively in a single folder and when I enter to any page of them it sends me back to its original file. It will really help me in my studys. Please add this feature it help us to re read important slides before exam
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if you could design your own font (create every single letter by yourself), and then have your fast (bad looking) handwriting converted into your carefully designed letters. That way it would guarantee beautiful handwriting even tough you are in a hurry.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Für viele komplexe Aufgaben wird bei der Konstruktion eine genaue Gradzahl benötigt. Mit einem Geodreieck wäre dies auch ohne andere App leicht möglich.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?