Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7079 results found

1. Hi! I’m in medical field, constantly studying and reading PDF files along side-taking notes, so I use the iPad split screen feature everyday.

Whenever I use the split-screen feature, I cannot easily access the colors of my pens unlike if I were in the 2/3th split view or full screen view of the Goodnotes App. oI have to click the upper right portion to change the characteristics of my pens which would waste a lot of my time since I take a lot of color-filled notes.

My go-to PDF reader application, “Documents: allows me to set specific pen characteristics in…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A brush that when passed over the colors mixes them and thus creates gradients, for texts and drawings!
    I will leave an example of some texts that are nice in the procreate app, it would be very useful to have a mixer brush integrated in GoodNotes :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. it would be great if the horizontal Page Swipe should be as smooth as the vertical.
    If you swipe to next pages you must do a long way with your finger.Sometimes two or three times.
    It needs to be faster.
    Thank you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The zoom window is great but it would be better if it wasn't locked to the bottom of the screen.

If the zoom window could be moved to the upper or lower corners of the screen or relegated to a movable box. That way you could use the zoom window without moving the entire document all the time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The way undo has to be doubled tapped EACH time is inconvenient and sometimes undos too much because the system recognizes too many double taps or the timing of the app recognizing each double tap after another is not accurate, leading to triple taps or two double taps to get ONE undo. I just end up using the toolbar. Please review experience for procreates multiple undo ux&ui because 1. Screen doesn't jump and 2. I only have to tap once after the first tap recognition.
    Make it recognize the two fingers and make it single tap please...way more convenient!

Same…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sometimes I have a page filled with text notes and I need to make a new page but trying to swipe over just moves the text box to the left and I have to reposition it back and then tap the New Page button at the top of the screen. I see Cmd+N has no current shortcut and I think it would make a nice addition and make creating a new page that much easier.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. hope to make a function that can combine any element just like the function in WORD of MS office. So that users can make their own complex object such as table with lines and text box, complex shape with many circles and rectangles. if users can combine and split all elements freely, we can make our document better and edit it more easily

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The addition of a tool to blur individual word or parts of images. To use for studying on it own or to create flashcards after using ‘take screenshot’. Ease of function similar to highlight tool

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great if you could add new pages to the right of each page in vertical scrolling mode, like page(3.1).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would be great to be able to change the colour of different notebook tabs to speed up switching between them. When I study, I only close tabs after the course is finished so I sometimes have 20+ tabs open at a time. Would be awesome if I could, for example, have lecture slides in one colour, reference notes another and notebooks in yet another etc. or different modules in different colours.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I’ll be teaching first aid classes soon and we used tons of FlipCharts & chisel tip pens when we learned how to teach them. I’d like to use what I learned in class to teach and use my iPad at the same time. I‘ve been using GoodNotes for a while now and I really think a Chiseltip feature and maybe a FlipChart-esque template would really improve the app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding the ability to attach pop up notes on highlighted words, similar with adobe acrobat. We should be able to minimize the notes after accessing them. This would clearly benefit students like me who likes to add further notes on books and PDFs without being limited to writing on the side of each page.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Making it able to change the colour of the background of the imported documents so it looks more like a real paper page could improve the reading experience, while one is studying and making notes. Since the background in the notebooks are designed after this concepts, it seems weird that it is a neglected feature for the imported documents.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I import so many pdf texts for studying and all of the time I am in need of definitions of the words in those documents, I would kill for Goodnotes to have this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I’m drawing a function like on a graph it would be helpful if i could just draw a parabola without it being ruined or not proper.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be very usefull if it was added a color selector, much like paint as it. for example you are using someone else notes or writing or a preexisting template, it would be very helpful if you could select the color of something that written already and start using the same color to write

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Q1.it will stuck when opening two or three files (about over 500MB each) in split screen mode.
    Q2.it will stuck when opening two or three files (about over 300MB each) in multi-tab pages.
    Q3.it will stuck when using a file over several hours(over 5 hours indoor and over 2 hours outdoor(may be because the weather is hot) about over 500MB),and the picture page of PDF will turn white and only show all image(lines,txt,draws…) made by GoodNOtes5

can you do some optimization on these problems?
    such as pause the status “respond at any time” of the file which dosen’t be focused…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. please fix the bug that when opening the thumbnail it will automatically locate to the first page instead of the current page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes

We're glad you're here