Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7135 results found

1. Add a button allowing the users to turn off the shortcut of drag to duplicate the text box function. As most of the time I want to drag the text box elsewhere, but it keeps duplicating. It can be resolved by tapping on the text box instead of holding it if you are typing with the keyboard on the screen. But if you are connected to a hardware keyboard, trackpad or mouse, it will long hold automatically instead of tapping when trying to move the text box.

It would be more convenient to keep my hands on the keyboard to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a button allowing the users to turn off the shortcut of drag to duplicate the text box function. As most of the time I want to drag the text box elsewhere, but it keeps duplicating. It can be resolved by tapping on the text box instead of holding it if you are typing with the keyboard on the screen. But if you are connected to a hardware keyboard, trackpad or mouse, it will long hold automatically instead of tapping when trying to move the text box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a button allowing the users to turn off the shortcut of drag to duplicate the text box function. As most of the time I want to drag the text box elsewhere, but it keeps duplicating. It can be resolved by tapping on the text box instead of holding it if you are typing with the keyboard on the screen. But if you are connected to a hardware keyboard, trackpad or mouse, it will long hold automatically instead of tapping when trying to move the text box.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a button allowing the users to turn off the shortcut of drag to duplicate the text box function. As most of the time I want to drag the text box elsewhere, but it keeps duplicating. It can be resolved by tapping on the text box instead of holding it if you are typing with the keyboard on the screen. But if you are connected to a hardware keyboard, trackpad or mouse, it will long hold automatically instead of tapping when trying to move the text box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I love the app! And I really want to use it! But I mostly use Greek and I want to use the app for my notes for university please please please add Greek!

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remember the selection show „Folders Only“ or „Documents and Folders“ when importing a PDF to GoodNotes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remember the selection show „Folders Only“ or „Documents and Folders“ when importing a PDF to GoodNotes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remember the selection show „Folders Only“ or „Documents and Folders“ when importing a PDF to GoodNotes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sorry for the long title; I love the flashcard feature and use it every day in medical school and I am being able to study extremely effectively and learn the material while still having free time in my life.

But If I could select certain flashcards within a single document by marking them with a certain signal to allowing me to study the flashcards I made for the first lecture before I study the next classes flashcards which build off the first lectures material. And even allowing me to mark certain flashcards "VIP" cards that amalgamate from all the notebook's…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. After I completed Notebook subject I think it would be useful to Request a physical print of the book

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Having the ability to save customised pen settings. This would be really useful for certain notebooks, as each notebook has different pens: eg. thickness

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have a second shape tool, or maybe an option in the current one, that works like the Microsoft word shape tool. Choose a shape from a predefined, yet extensive, list. Be able to choose outline and fill color (including clear), and maybe even opacity. Once it's placed on the page allow scalability of the whole shape, rotations, and even adjusting points on the shape to make warped shapes. Included here should be arrows, a line, and a dotted line.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. TL;DR: Sometimes when bulk-importing, duplicates might be accidentally imported. Catch these potential duplicates and query if we still want to import.

When performing bulk imports, I occasionally have duplicates present (due to the way my main import source structures PDFs). This ultimately means that what I think might be a unique file actually already exists in GoodNotes. Ideally, this could work at the PDF level, but may only be easily-done on a fuzzy-name basis.

e.g. say the file I'm importing has the name "Mind Games 40c0de54-120f-0d77-9ae5-e96083fb1f9b" – while the UUID present (the 40c0de54-120f-0d77-9ae5-e96083fb1f9b) is very likely to be unique, I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. TL;DR: Sometimes when bulk-importing, duplicates might be accidentally imported. Catch these potential duplicates and query if we still want to import.

When performing bulk imports, I occasionally have duplicates present (due to the way my main import source structures PDFs). This ultimately means that what I think might be a unique file actually already exists in GoodNotes. Ideally, this could work at the PDF level, but may only be easily-done on a fuzzy-name basis.

e.g. say the file I'm importing has the name "Mind Games 40c0de54-120f-0d77-9ae5-e96083fb1f9b" – while the UUID present (the 40c0de54-120f-0d77-9ae5-e96083fb1f9b) is very likely to be unique, I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be great, if GoodNotes would be able to automatically create summaries/excerpts from highlighted texts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sometimes we import a whole pdf into goodnotes and annotate some of the pages. it would be nice to be able to easily search and extract all the pages that have annotation to serve as a quick reviewer.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to rearrange files in a folder the way you want by dragging them, different colors options for folders, a section in the app where you can actually create your own templates, the ability to import videos and watch video thumbnails on the app, movable transparent shortcut button on-screen to switch from pen to eraser, more options to import your own pen stroke style similar to procreate. If people can import their own templates for pages it would be awesome if they could do it for pens. And having the ability to edit your menu option would be awesome…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi,

So I haven't used the app consistently in about a year.. Recently I've began using it again. I've uploaded a text i'm studying in pdf form. While I am studying I am taking notes and I thought how nice it would be to include these features. The tinting would be nice for prolonged staring at the screen while reading (Similar to what I think kindle's used to do, maybe). I know I can have blank pages with yellow but, I would recommend adding the option of tinting documents such as my pdf with hundreds of pages with walls of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have Libraries with Bookshelves to store the Notebooks

what if goodnotes did not have FOLDERS but shelves and libraries. Example: i may have a "personal" library, a "work or professional" library, maybe one for my "clubs", and one for the uni or school.

in the "school" library i may have a shelf for chemistry, one for biology, maths, languages etc. on the "language" shelf i might have notebooks for Eng, French, German, or Grammar, or Literature Autumn Semester 2021 etc...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have Libraries with Bookshelves to store the Notebooks

what if goodnotes did not have FOLDERS but shelves and libraries. Example: i may have a "personal" library, a "work or professional" library, maybe one for my "clubs", and one for the uni or school.

in the "school" library i may have a shelf for chemistry, one for biology, maths, languages etc. on the "language" shelf i might have notebooks for Eng, French, German, or Grammar, or Literature Autumn Semester 2021 etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?