Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7128 results found

1. For example the option that recognizes what you are drawing for more complex forms like hexagons or hyperbolic function would probably help expecially for a more scientific use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would love a function to create infinity pages that can be enlarged in any direction like onenote

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When working with numerous graphs, it is challenging to achieve curves that accurately capture the trends of my data or functions. It would be beneficial to have more freedom in drawing curves. Adding additional points beyond the standard three would take the app to the next level

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be very helpful to see the size (in MB, GB, etc.) of each note/document/folder/notebook in GoodNotes. That way, we can see which files can be deleted to recover more space on our devices and on iCloud.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dear GoodNotes 5 Developers,

I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out as a long-term user and fan of GoodNotes 5 to share some suggestions for potential app improvements. I have been using GoodNotes for over a year now, and I believe implementing the following features would greatly enhance the overall user experience:

Addition of Dotted or Dash Stroke Styles: It would be fantastic to have the option of using dotted or dashed strokes while writing or drawing. These stroke styles can be beneficial for creating charts, diagrams, or for emphasizing certain elements within our notes. I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have one main issue that I encounter frequently when writing notes on my ipad. And thats when I run out of room to rest my palm when writing on the far right hand side of a page. My suggestion is to add the ability to scroll a bit past the page (say about a third) so that im able to properly write on the page without it auto aligning with the edge of the screen (I have included an example of what would be ideal). I personally use vertical scrolling and this idea would only work in this mode,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Its great that Goodnotes is using flash card and similar spaced repetition to ANKI. We need the ability to create and share flash cards between the windows PC and Ipad. So i can create flash cards on a windows pc and then sync to my ipad and vice versa.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to be able to search within the study deck.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To incorporate the ability to mirror objects using the lasso tool in Goodnots

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, GoodNotes offers a few basic actions in Apple Shortcuts.
    I would love to see more advanced actions that allow users to customize their workflows to a greater extend.

Here are some automations/workflows I could imagine:

• Shortcut to open the notebook corresponding to the lecture your currently sitting in (by checking your current calendar events)
    • Every evening, automatically check whether I’ve written something to my diary today, if not, prompt me to do so and open the last page
    • Every evening, check which lecture notes were edited, then export them and share them with a friend who doesn’t use GoodNotes
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If I have a line at any arbitrary angle and wanted to draw another line at the same angle, it would be nice to have a feature that would give me the option. Similar to notability or PowerPoint, matching object dimensions, angles, or even centers of concentric circles would be amazing. As a physics student, I have to draw many diagrams and often times I will either have a terrible diagram because i know I won’t have time to make a nice drawing with matching dimensions or I miss crucial information while trying to get my lines to be the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I've been loving Goodnotes on my ipad, one of my favourites of all time. On my PC it's pretty useless for now tho. Knowing it's still in beta, I would like to put my request to prioritize developing writing tool in Windows version. Like on IOS devices you can click on text tool and start typing, I would love to see that feature available for desktop users. Anyways, love to see the app evolving.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On iPadOS, one can zoom out beyond the margins of the given page while in landscape mode. However, the page remains centred and it is quite irking when I am trying to write something near the far right edge. This is exacerbated tenfold in portrait mode; you can’t really zoom out at all, making it incredibly frustrating when writing to the right edge.

I don’t know why this wouldn’t already be the case, or why this shouldn’t be implemented, but we should be allowed to zoom in and out on our page in both landscape and portrait mode and it…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make the flash pen with more clolrs not only the red because red distract attention

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the setting global for (1) questions and (2) answers. Allow customization on each card. The global settings are more important than customization.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • It should be possible to fetch the desired color from the page, for example from an image.
    • Change the name of the audios, and have something that would appear if that specific page had an audio. | It was good to have an option where what we wrote during the audio didn't stay on the page, or that for example we could record the red pointer together with the audio.
    • The option to adjust the position of an object and "send to the back" or "bring to the front", also divert is possible.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am in management and use GoodNotes for many things including staffing. It would be great to be able to share documents that are ‘live’ with any updates that I make, without having to ‘reshare’ a link, BUT with a option to share in a VIEW ONLY MODE (so I can make changes that my staff can see in real time, but my staff not be able to make changes)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here