Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7102 results found

1. Right now the toolbar is placed at the top or at the bottom. But while working and taking notes, it requires to change the tool from highlighter to pen or vice-versa many a time. And on IPAD PRO 12.9 Inch the reach is not easy to change the tool. So if the toolbar is placed vertically on both the side then it can reduce the efforts of user. Thank you for hearing out! Stay safe :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Right now the toolbar is placed at the top or at the bottom. But while working and taking notes, it requires to change the tool from highlighter to pen or vice-versa many a time. And on IPAD PRO 12.9 Inch the reach is not easy to change the tool. So if the toolbar is placed vertically on both the side then it can reduce the efforts of user. Thank you for hearing out! Stay safe :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice to be able to set the colour of the home screen to a different colour other than white and black (following the device’s display)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It's difficult to adjust the line spacing with the scroll bar because my finger isn't accurate enough so I would like to be able to adjust it by putting the line spacing value in. Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. everytime I go to type out a text box I get cock blocked by the pencil to text. I enjoy using my apple pencil to move my text boxes and the pencil to text option is something I do not really like nor wanted. An option to get to this feature on or off would be awesome!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There are so many duplicate ideas for hyperlinks the votes are not adding up so I'm submitting another one, hoping you will read this and combine to see the impact on the product requests!!

PLEASE ENABLE COPY PAST OF A HYPERLINK . I want to have a notebook where I copy paste hyperlinks form a website and I can then come back to my notebook and click the link to launch the website! Please Please Please!! This is such a critical feature if your trying to work in a single note app!

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. While there is a "clear page" option for clearing annotations for individual pages, it would be helpful if there was a "clear all annotations". This way, one could clear all annotations on every page in that notebook/file, rather than scrolling through each page one by one and manually clicking the current "clear page". I ask for this feature because as a college student, I like using Goodnotes for my practice exams, and it would be helpful if I could clear all my annotations from all the pages in my practice exam and start it fresh again.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. when I was taking notes, I needed a picture from the page 1 to page 5. I made a copy of that image and tried to drag that image down to the 5th page but I couldn't move several pages down when I am holding the the copy of the image.
    the only way was to make copy on each page. meaning when you make a copy you can only drag it around whatever page shown on a screen, no further.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great to be able to import a calendar event into a note like OneNote can. It would save time having to write that info down as well as be a good search tool.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Like in the apple PDF modificator, it may be interesting to add a ruler to make easier to underline some text or doing geométric shapes. Currently in Good Note the tool which allow us to do shape or straight line is a bit hard to use.
    Sometimes, we can’t do what we want. It’s a waste of time.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some of the pdf’s I import have very small margins that do not allow me to write notes on. It would be fantastic if there was a feature that acted as sticky notes like in Apple’s feature in the Books app or how Google docs allow you to add comments.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. View Folder/location under document in favorites view for easier identification of favorites.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable different search highlight colors. I tend to use orange highlighter (best for multiple layers for emphasis) and the search highlighter gets drowned out with it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. when downloading new apps in Apple os like ios, it shows a blue sign that it's new.

if a yellow circle shows that it's uploading and disappear after the upload is done. it helps users to know which device is slow in responding.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The document scan post processing for taking pictures is really good but I commonly take pictures of my notes to insert them into goodnotes using image insert because document scan creates a new page unnecessarily. Would it be possible to implement the post processing to any image after having taken the photo? Or even making it possible to insert images that get post processing using camera insert?

Did an example of what it would look like by cropping the result from document scan below and comparing to what the camera gets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The 1st request is that I would like to be able to view multiple pages in the same notebook in facing pages or tabs.
    Especially, in planner and schedule management notebooks, I always compare and refer to multiple pages while writing and grasping, so the bookmarking back and forth is not enough to cover my needs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Now in the app, when I need to change the text size, I only can use my finger to drop the icon, but this method cannot let me set the text in same size at each time.
    Whether can design a input window to input the text size directly?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It is really upsetting that I cant drag and drop any image or text onto the next page. It takes so much time and effort to copy paste the text and then go to the next page and insert and then go back to the previous page to delete the text.
    This would increase everybody‘s workflow a lot!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I can not scroll the page with one finger in iPadOS15. It's so terrible! Please solve the problem immediately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can yall add a maths conversion tool where when we write an equation, we can select that equation using the lasso tool to convert to a high resolution text

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?