Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7137 results found

1. When testing on flash cards students can enter a time (e.g. 10 minutes) and the app will prioritise the most appropriate cards. This would allow students to use when they have a quick 10 mins in between lessons and know they are using the spacing effect well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Be able to write a response under a flash card question in study mode to make sure you got the answer

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be a huge time saver if somehow the app would automatically index any sort of annotation to either the front of the doc to summarize certain chapters or documents. This could effectively summarize the ideas and create an outline of the doc so that one would not have to go back to find different highlights etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some books with many pages (around 1000) are not being auto-backed up to my GDrive. It would be good if you can fix this issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you select a paper template of any size e.g. A4, letter, etc. by default have the paper fill the screen width so it's not necessary to expand it. I can double-tap the paper template and it fits screen size but having it fit without double-tap would save so much time when you change from portrait to landscape and back again. Thanks. PS Notability has this feature.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please remove the ability to move a line with a finger. If I want to make changes to the document I will use my pencil. The finger is only for scrolling/navigating. I dont want to always switch to the „reading mode“ before I scroll around in the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Pls add a feature where we can identify the hex code of a colour by either a long press or any other shortcut making it easier to re edit my diagrams

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be awesome if eraser could erase parts of images i paste in. It would make edits to a scan or a screenshot so much easier. Currently i have to lasso a blank part of the page, take a screenshot of that empty blob and paste it over where i want to erase. Allowing the eraser to actually edit the pasted image would be really slick.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. One of my favorite ways to use GoodNotes is to import documents and annotate them on the app. However, I think the experience would be a thousand times better if we could have the option to expand the margins because oftentimes the original pdf doesn't have enough space to write notes and/or insert images for reference.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. as of now, it’s a fairly standard text input box, but i’d love if we could have the functionality of Pages, where it’s already formatted for text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. as of now, it’s a fairly standard text input box, but i’d love if we could have the functionality of Pages, where it’s already formatted for text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be cool if I could search for a drawing in GoodNotes (example shown in the attached image). Currently, GoodNotes' search bar only accepts a text input, since GoodNotes uses Optical Content Recognition (OCR). The search feature would be even more powerful if I could also draw something in the search field, and find matching/similar occurrences of that drawing.

In addition to helping me search for diagrams, this would also help with searching for handwritten text that wasn't accurately converted using OCR.

Thank you for taking the time to review this! :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 笔记定义的时候只能够基于单种语言进行OCR,在iOS 15发布后留意到Live Text可以实现多语种同时OCR识别,是否有可能调用API实现多语种同时OCR,尤其是对于学科笔记而言,以中文为主体记录,但很难避免会部分出现数字或英文单词,这个时候会识别不到。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently the actions that can be performed on a selection show up as a horizontal list, which means that they are very spread out and require relatively large movements to reach (for instance "delete" is to the far right).

I propose replacing it with a wheel-like menu, where the actions are indicated by icons rather than spelled out, like in the attached drawing. This would make all actions easily accessible without moving the pen very far.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to use the lasso tool while zoomed in on the iPad.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In GoodNotes 4, the search function within certain folders was very useful.
    In GoodNotes 5 it is unfortunately not yet possible to search within a specific folder. Instead, there is only a superordinate direct text search. Is it possible to implement a search in a specific folder?
    That would be great!

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the app called Documents, by Readdle, there is a feature for PDF files called Crop Mode, which removes excess white space around a page (if applicable), allowing text to be brought more to the front, closer to filling up the entire screen. It is very functional, and makes reading easier since the texts is expanded. As you can see based on photos, the text becomes significantly bigger. This feature alone makes me have to keep my textbooks in the Documents app, since GoodNotes doesn't have this feature. Would love to see it come to GoodNotes! Thank you for your…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. excalidraw is a popular tool and has that same vibe of hand drawn coolness. They also seem to have a large set of libraries. It'll be a hug productivity boost if one can import their library

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disfrute escuchando los mejores tonos de llamada de forma gratuita a través del sitio para compartir música más popular del mundo. No tiene que buscar tonos de llamada en Internet y descargar tonos de llamada gratis; en esta increíble aplicación, encontrarás una increíble variedad de fondos de pantalla y tonos de llamada. Los desarrolladores se han tomado el tiempo para configurar esta aplicación de descarga de tonos de llamada gratuita única con algunas de las músicas más reconocibles del mundo. Ya sea que te guste el pop, el rock, el country, el jazz o incluso el hip hop clásico, podrás…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I use more than 3 colors in my notes, so I constant have to switch which ones are selected in the tool bar. I’d like to have at least 5 different colors available in the tool bar without having to click one and change it, then change it back once I need another color.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?