Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7145 results found

1. Flashcards are a great way to learn.
    But when studying topics that are more complicated than vocabulary it would be very helpful to be able to write down the answer before checking if it was correct. (For example mathematical derivations). Writing the answer also helps with learning.

My idea is that the flashcard screen shows two flashcards: One with the question (like it already does) and one, that is blank. You can write down your answer in the blank flashcard using the Apple Pencil. When clicking the flashcard with the question it flips over and shows the correct answer, so…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The app is amazing. I just got it today BUT I can think of a feature that would be very useful - locking individual pages so that you can’t write on it until you unlock it. I’m a very clumsy person and I always end up accidentally writing/drawing on things on accident even when I am done with them.
    I see a request to lock all pages but I would also like the function to lock them individually so that I finish them I don’t put something on there that I don’t want.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Link sharing with read-only option

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Every time I select the eraser tool, it defaults to the largest size. So I end up erasing more than I want to, and then have to undo accidental erasures and then set the eraser to smaller size. I should be able to set the smallest eraser as default size to begin with. I love Goodnotes, but erasing is so common, this is getting to be an important usability issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. a toggle option to turn off the three finger undo as i never use it but will accidentally undo my writing as im leaning on the screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Notability now offers an extension that allows the user to convert written math into a digital font (trig functions, integrals, summation, greek alphabet etc.) I think that this would be one of the most utilized features in goodnotes if it were to be added. It is infinitely more appealing and much easier to understand especially for very large problems.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The current undo history is global, or per document. This is quite confusing because tab is the focused object and if I did something and tap undo, something happens in another tab. To me this is quite bad design.

I'd love to see a per tab undo history, or at least an option.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I work with both audio and text. For example, when I have a lecture recording, I listen to it but I also prefer to write it down because it makes it easier for me to go back to the information. I'm not able to write down everything because it's a lot to manage but I still get tired of doing it manually. I wish I had a tool that would transcribe the audio for me and I can just copy & paste the parts that I want into my notes. I'm thinking of how Youtube automatically adds subtitles to videos…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Handwriting flashcards is a great idea, but it would be even better if we could print them with proper formatting (double sided) with the question on one side and the answer on the other. This would be really helpful for practicing with physical cards for studying rather than staring at a screen, but also gives the ability to add images / organize diagrams and such more cleanly.

Thank you for your consideration!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like a function with which you can get to a specific place in a notebook by clicking on a text box or a shape. That the form or font is linked to the specified position.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give us a Hex selector tool that we can use to select a color from a portion of a pre-created notebook to match the theme of the notebook. Right now we have to use an external Hex color selector and upload a picture to that program and then go back to Goodnotes to input that Hex code to get the color. Also, give us the option to create palettes that we can quickly select back and forth between colors that we have curated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. currently, there are only three colors appear and if we want to change to a different color we would have to click the option menu to change the color. I think it would be better to add 2 more colors,

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please get rid of the text box feature in this app that makes you create multiple text boxes and have to manually re-size them. Instead make it so we have continuous typing without text boxes

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A web version or PC version of the app would make it 10x better as someone who got an iPad for drawing medical figures in school but still uses a PC.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As a developer I would love to have the ability to use markdown on the Mac app for more natural writing flow. And perhaps some more natural Mac feeling when editing files. Like the use of keyboard shortcuts for deselecting a text box (eg. esc)

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a second shape tool, or maybe an option in the current one, that works like the Microsoft word shape tool. Choose a shape from a predefined, yet extensive, list. Be able to choose outline and fill color (including clear), and maybe even opacity. Once it's placed on the page allow scalability of the whole shape, rotations, and even adjusting points on the shape to make warped shapes. Included here should be arrows, a line, and a dotted line.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I was recently told that you can only back up and synch to iCloud if you want to use GoodNotes5 across multiple devices. It would be great to be have the option to do it through Google Drive or Dropbox as well.

I believe this was an option previously. Please, please bring it back!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add the ability to copy the sharable link in the Mac OS share menu (managed in System Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Group and ungroup favorite pages in one same document. For example, when you do literature reviews in academic work is always useful to group information related to one concept or research question. It would also be useful to see group favorite pages from different documents that have been label with the same name

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?