Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7079 results found

1. Hi,

So I haven't used the app consistently in about a year.. Recently I've began using it again. I've uploaded a text i'm studying in pdf form. While I am studying I am taking notes and I thought how nice it would be to include these features. The tinting would be nice for prolonged staring at the screen while reading (Similar to what I think kindle's used to do, maybe). I know I can have blank pages with yellow but, I would recommend adding the option of tinting documents such as my pdf with hundreds of pages with walls of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Whenever I use the app and wear a long sleeved piece of clothing (Shirt, long T-shirt, hoddie...) the app detects the clothing as if it were a finger moving the screen or zooming in and out. This should not happen.

I also want to add another palm rejection mode. In which the app only allows 2 fingers at a time. The rest of the fingers (if used more) will get rejected. For example, if the app detects 3 fingers at the same time, it will do nothing (since every action requires only 2 fingers).
    I use the palm rejection mode…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Notability now offers an extension that allows the user to convert written math into a digital font (trig functions, integrals, summation, greek alphabet etc.) I think that this would be one of the most utilized features in goodnotes if it were to be added. It is infinitely more appealing and much easier to understand especially for very large problems.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I find it very inconvenient to write a text. I feel uncomfortable trying to edit the characters because the text box keeps moving. I want a function to fix the movement of the text box.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a developer I would love to have the ability to use markdown on the Mac app for more natural writing flow. And perhaps some more natural Mac feeling when editing files. Like the use of keyboard shortcuts for deselecting a text box (eg. esc)

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 在用GoodNotes 打开电子教材的时候,常常有几百页,用手指滑动找起来很麻烦,像n家的可以快速滚动和跳转找到自己想要的那页就很方便啦!希望多多改进。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to increase or decrease PDF margins when annotating will be an useful feature.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great if something like a 2 page scrollling view could be added so that when we scroll through PDF version of our notes, especially exported slides, a better overview of the set of notes could be seen. This is in comparision to what we have now, where we scroll through the document page by page. Going through each set of notes might take quite some time when there are many pages in a document.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Flash cards are too small. On the iPhone, I can barely see the print/diagram and in landscape mode it's nearly impossible. On the iPad, they're large enough that I can make out the diagram.

The flash card is not taking advantage of the full width of the screen in study mode. It's using the bottom half of the screen to display the answer instead of flipping the card.

I attached a PDF showing the screens for both the iPhone and iPad. I, also, took screenshots of another flashcard app to compare and contrast.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Easier way to switch colors during multiTasking !
    I have to open the color bar every time or exit multitasking mode just to change the color

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would really enjoy a standard size for imported pictures from my MacBook. For Example imports could always take up the space of 10 Blocks or so. This would really help, because right now I always have to adjust the picture size manually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ADD THE EYE DROPPER TOOL

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I work with both audio and text. For example, when I have a lecture recording, I listen to it but I also prefer to write it down because it makes it easier for me to go back to the information. I'm not able to write down everything because it's a lot to manage but I still get tired of doing it manually. I wish I had a tool that would transcribe the audio for me and I can just copy & paste the parts that I want into my notes. I'm thinking of how Youtube automatically adds subtitles to videos…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be great if there was a mode wherein all the text that you highlight (using a specific tool designated for this mode), would be hidden (the text disappears but you see a blank line in its place). When you click on the blank line again, the word will reappear (then clicking another time will make the word disappear) -- basically it's becomes a mini flash card/ fill in the blank option!

Also, this would only apply when you turn the mode on. Once its turned off the file is back to normal/original form and you won't see which…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The performance of writing in GoodNotes 5 for Mac with a third-party drawing tablet/graphic tablet is terrible. I use a Wacom Intuos Pro S with bluetooth function and there is no chance to write properly as it stutters all the time.
    GoodNotes is no use for students/teachers if you can't work with a pen tablet and that's why I hope it will be updated soon.
    Until this happens, I have to use Microsoft OneNote, although I prefer the surface and workflow of GoodNotes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In GoodNotes for Mac, enable 'page up' and 'page down' keys to quickly flip through the pages. The up/down arrow keys are performing continuous scrolling and they are too slow.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hey! I know the app allow us to choose new colours and add them to a big pallete, but instead of thtat, it would be even great if we could create more than one pallete for different documents. Like this...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a "Duplicate" item to the selection pop-up menu so one can duplicate a selection with one tap instead of having to first select copy, then press-and-hold to show the pop-up menu, then select paste.

The duplicated selection’s position could be determined by available canvas space or simply be shown slightly overlapping the original selection.

I’ve attached an image showing the desired behaviour.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It's annoying when my palm falls off the edge like when writing on regular physical notes.

I'd love to be able to move my page to the left, so I can rest my palm on the right side, allowing me to write on the rightmost side of the page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?