Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6982 results found

1. I am contacting you due to an error in the application. since several updates when you write a text and resize it, the text box is crooked and the text is not in a straight line. if you want to enlarge the text by enlarging the font size, it happens that it stays outside the text box and does not scroll correctly

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When batch importing images / files (via icloud) they are placed in random page order and need to be manually sorted.

Example. I photograph my hand drawn Moleskine note books into Goodnotes as a reference and archive. BUT, the images in Icloud are all in a numbered order, but they are randomly imported in Goodnotes and I need to spend a considerable time putting them in order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hey, I love using the lasso tool for moving my handwritten stuff. But sometimes I need to take screenshots of tables from my books to paste in my notes. So, a lasso tool in shape of a rectangle will be very useful for me.

Something like you provide to crop a image. We have two options there- either do a freehand or in rectangle shape. Please provide something similar with lasso tool.

Thank you. And yes I love Goodnotes 5! :)

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello guys, I've been using both notability and goodnotes for over almost 2 years now and latelly notabilitu has been pulling appart, but over notability, gn still has the versatility of the app, but theres a tool that i use everysingle day and that it is soooo much better on notability than on goodnotes, thats not even fair.. it’s the hold to snap / auto shape tool. I know we already have the snap to other shapes feature, but that is basically useless unless you’re using straight lines.. I would like for you to implement some kind of powerfull shape…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The ability to toggle on and off dark mode and have the paper and ink colors change accordingly.

Selecting dark paper and white ink looks great but is NOT 'dark mode'. When you go to print something created way you either waste a LOT of ink or you have to manually switch paper and ink color on each page.

For reference - Onenote does dark mode perfectly.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add pencil feature along with pen because little rough texture helps to better shape of words, specifically when someone use screen guard which very smooth instead of paper texture guard or paper like. Please add

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add engineering paper

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add a feature so that you can change the name of a file/document when you use shareable link. It will only show “GoodNotes”. Which makes it very confusing to know what’s what. I have attached a photo of what I’m talking about.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The flashcard feature is great but there are a few features that I would like to see:

1.) Ability to switch the Q&A sections

After a few weeks of using this feature, there are times when I would like to flip the Q and A section of the flashcards.

2.) Convert any page into a flashcard

I've created a PDF file (around 60 pages) to be turned into flashcards and was hoping to be able to import it and just convert it from there. This was not possible and I had to make a template for each page, set it…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 希望可以設定多階乘大綱

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There is a thick black line between the pages to differentiate between them, make them thin and I want to be able to draw on them. Have a look at the attached images

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. please arrange users' favourite pens in a separate line, so that people can move this line to different sides like ios memo. Meanwhile users can add and modify their preferred color and thickness of pens in this favourite lines so that users can choose them quickly, instead there are just three pens, which is not convenient now.
    2. Please attention to the smooth and respond rate when we use i pencil, which is worse than notability! The delay when we use i pencil on goodnotes is very obvious!
    3. please add record function like notability! Thanks for your time and please make…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. so we can use other apps while taking notes and it wouldn't get lost under other windows/tabs, It would really help with workflow!

Maybe opacity settings for the floating window too :>
    please consider adding this feature thank youuu

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am using a planner that has the entire square of a day in a calendar hyperlinked… so if I’m trying to tap and hold to edit a sticker, etc. it only lets me open the link. I’d like the option to disable that feature…or at least append the image edit, crop, etc menu to the “open link” menu that is displayed….
    This is also an issue for tapping and holding to paste… Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I use a lot of x-callback links, like a link to a DEVONthink document. The new linking feature assumes that it’s an HTTP link, and therefore puts in the HTTP in front of it, which doesn’t work for the x-callback types of links.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My iPad is large and there is a lot of unused space next to the color dots on the toolbar. I think there could be space for extra colors.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There are many requests posted for this feature but listed under different threads.
    For students and professionals researching and taking notes this is very helpful when compiling or reviewing notes afterwards. Not having this feature defeats the purpose of highlighting and taking notes. Unless GoodNotes wants to just target small documents and sticky notes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i noticed that they implimented for goodnotes to create an auto link whenever you type “.com” at the end of anything which is very frustrating when i am not trying to attatch any links. i have to click the link to unlink it only for it to come back the second i continue typing. Can you create a feature in the settings where this feature can be turned off?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. i noticed that they implimented for goodnotes to create an auto link whenever you type “.com” at the end of anything which is very frustrating when i am not trying to attatch any links. i have to click the link to unlink it only for it to come back the second i continue typing. Can you create a feature in the settings where this feature can be turned off?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here