Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7123 results found

1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I don’t need you to tell me I’ve pasted a page successfully. I’m not blind. Just let me do whatever I need to do and don’t force me to stare at that stupid check mark for 2 seconds every single time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Goodnotes is great. With the flash card option it is even greater and holds the potential to compete with Anki, the best-known provider for the creation of flash cards for effective and sustainable learning, since a lot of students like to write by hand which is not possible with Anki. Especially since the Anki app for tablets is available for the great expense of € 27.99. Goodnotes could attract a lot of customers with an expansion of the feature.

At the moment, however, studying with more detailed flash cards on good notes is very exhausting as the content is displayed…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sometimes when you use the same hexcode the colours between the pen and highlighter don't match, I then end up messing around with colours until the match better, would love if the highlighter matched more :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please bring back the DOUBLE LINE SPACING option from GoodNotes 4. Or an adjustable option that varies with the TYPE size entered. The default lines are TOO thin for proper writing for some of us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want a ruler that moves on GoodNotes according to the magnification of the note. Sometimes I want to draw a line that is accurately lengthed in your notebook. I also want a function that allows me to draw a circle centered on a certain point.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add the feature to add hyperlinks to the pages… so that when we click on it, it opens the web page directly.it is very tedious to copy edit and paste the link in browser. This is very basic feature missing. This is very important feature which is missing please try to add this in next update or so. HYPERLINK TO youtube and other websites

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This is very annoying when reading over the stuff you wrote. My Apple Pencil is somehow very sensitive when it covers to double tap gestures, so this is a must have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to start by stating that I absolutely love GoodNotes.

However, as a Student, I am not able to purchase the largest capacity storage version for the iPad (as I am sure many students can agree).

With the file size of the data getting so large, it can quickly eat up so much space, (even on the brand new iPad Air 5th gen).

Is there any possible way to reduce file size and still be able to edit the notebooks or notes. This would be perfect!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We need faster accelerated scrolling like Apple Notes, Margin Note or even the default PDF viewer app in the Files app. The scrolling speed of files in GoodNotes feels like my pages are stuck in mud, requiring me to use multiple long swipe gestures across the iPad to scroll down/up faster and reach my desired location. I noticed that multiple swipes also doesn't 'accelerate' the speed, which isn't an issue on other apps that I mentioned above or Apple native apps like Notes and Safari. Please implement this. Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I use a standard folder format in Goodnotes. I have to create this every time. I would like to see the feature added to a complete folder, including child supmaps and any documents in these folders.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be perfect if you added another type of pen, mimicking colour pencils. That would be a great addition, since all we have now is either a transparent highlighter or a solid marker. It should be precise, pressure sensitive, and angle of the apple pencil sensitive.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be really helpfull and way easier to be able to import colors for pens and highlighters instead having to type in every hex code! An eye dropper tool would be really nice too so that you can easily change colours :)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There should be a way to edit pdfs or books in full screen mode. Just basic editing capability is needed for eg. a single pen or highlighter option should be there so that we can underline, mark or write something while reading in full screen just like we do for any hardcopy. Reading on full screen mode, the experience is on another level and if basic editing capability is added it will be just perfect( cherry on top of cake).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi! I’m in medical field, constantly studying and reading PDF files along side-taking notes, so I use the iPad split screen feature everyday.

Whenever I use the split-screen feature, I cannot easily access the colors of my pens unlike if I were in the 2/3th split view or full screen view of the Goodnotes App. oI have to click the upper right portion to change the characteristics of my pens which would waste a lot of my time since I take a lot of color-filled notes.

My go-to PDF reader application, “Documents: allows me to set specific pen characteristics in…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently the only login option is Login with Apple, which many users can’t access. A simple email login and/or Login with Google would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I need the ability to snap booth sides of my note to the left and right Border of the iPad. Like in Notability

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have more sizes for the eraser that we can change and save.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I search up text, striked out words still appear in the results. When I strike out text I tend to not use them or want to see them. I also posted an idea erase pdf notes which would also solve this problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The Eraser Tool is used to erase only pen & highlighter strokes. There should be a separate option for allowing us to erase PDFs or slides when importing something like lecture notes that may have some unnecessary notes or writing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?