Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7071 results found

1. There should be a way to edit pdfs or books in full screen mode. Just basic editing capability is needed for eg. a single pen or highlighter option should be there so that we can underline, mark or write something while reading in full screen just like we do for any hardcopy. Reading on full screen mode, the experience is on another level and if basic editing capability is added it will be just perfect( cherry on top of cake).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi! I’m in medical field, constantly studying and reading PDF files along side-taking notes, so I use the iPad split screen feature everyday.

Whenever I use the split-screen feature, I cannot easily access the colors of my pens unlike if I were in the 2/3th split view or full screen view of the Goodnotes App. oI have to click the upper right portion to change the characteristics of my pens which would waste a lot of my time since I take a lot of color-filled notes.

My go-to PDF reader application, “Documents: allows me to set specific pen characteristics in…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently the only login option is Login with Apple, which many users can’t access. A simple email login and/or Login with Google would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I need the ability to snap booth sides of my note to the left and right Border of the iPad. Like in Notability

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I’d love a feature that would allow you to easily select all highlighted (with the highlighter tool) material to copy and paste into another note. When studying, or when reading over documents or notes, I tend to be “old school” and highlight relevant material for further review or further studying. I would then love to be able to take all of my highlighted stuff and copy it into a condensed note for studying only what I’ve highlighted. Hopefully that made sense!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have more sizes for the eraser that we can change and save.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I search up text, striked out words still appear in the results. When I strike out text I tend to not use them or want to see them. I also posted an idea erase pdf notes which would also solve this problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Eraser Tool is used to erase only pen & highlighter strokes. There should be a separate option for allowing us to erase PDFs or slides when importing something like lecture notes that may have some unnecessary notes or writing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I already bought the app for 179000VND. But now I can’t use the app. And I need to pay 179000VND to continue edit my note. What is that? Why didn’t you mention it in the first place??????? I’m trying to be polite

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ich muss das jetzt mal sagen da es im Appstore nicht geht. Bitte entfernt den In-App-Kauf es gibt so viele Nachteile vor allem für die die die App vorher GEKAUFT habe. ich benutze die App fast jeden Tag deswegen spreche ich aus Erfahrung und in meiner Klasse in der Schule benutzt auch jeder GoodNotes und ich sehe das schon kommen dass irgend jemand GoodNotes aus Versehen deinstalliert und wieder installiert und da alle das damals gekauft haben als man es noch kaufen musste wäre GoodNotes nach dem Installieren WEG. außerdem kann man die App nicht mehr mit der Familie teilen…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There's nothing more satisfying than having calendar templates that actually integrate with most common calendar formats (at least google calendar or Apple iCloud Calendar).
    Some awesome functionality:I would like to DRAW the length of an event and have that correspond to the assigned duration of the event, have Apple Calendar display my written notes on the calendar (similarly to how Apple Notes does it), have some advanced notational features that translate into editing notes or stuff in the calendar.

Or at least have a weekly or monthly planner template that also allows some "add to calendar" functionality or "get a…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I've found that when I have Goodnotes open on my Mac and iPad, the syncing is very slow - I like to add pictures on my computer and then write notes on my iPad; however, it can take up to 30 minutes for the pictures I paste from my computer to show up in the iPad version of the app... would it be possible to add a button/feature for us to sync in real-time for the specific documents we're working on?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello. In notability there is a feature that I miss in GoodNotes 5. In Notability after you wrote with Apple Pencil you can change the style, line width, line style and color. In GoodNotes you can only change the color. It would be important to be able to change the thickness and style of the line as well. Thanks.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you click duplicate you can only duplicate the page once and then you have to click it again and do it again if you want to make multiple duplications of the same page. I think it would be better if when you click duplicate there is an option to enter how many duplicate pages you would like to make. This would really come in handy for planners where you duplicate monthly and weekly pages a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add Hungarian to the recognizeable languages as there are many students who would love to manage their Hungarian handouts in GN5!
    Text schearch is one of, if not the most useful feature of the app for a student, please extend it!

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I really wish they would add to their text options a stroke/outline. This would be especially helpful for headings. You can duplicate writing, change the colour and size but trying to line it up never gives a perfect outline.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have seen some relatively dangerous behavior regarding notebooks set to auto-backup. When the backup process crashes/fails, the failing notebooks are automatically excluded from subsequent autobackups (see screenshot).

This behavior is acceptable, and probably even desirable, so that other notebooks can continue backing up just fine.

What bothers me about this behavior however is that I receive absolutely ZERO notification that one of my notebooks is no longer backing up. The only way that I can find to learn this is to manually navigate to Settings-->Automatic Backup-->View Backup Queue and note the list of excluded notebooks. This seems very dangerous…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add white background for legal paper template

3 votes

We're glad you're here