I suggest you ...

File & folder hierarchy for improved notebook/folder management with better ui

Even though we have some category options, they are limited and the ui is not the best. Implementation of a folder hierarchy structure with a better ui (may be with tags/labels) will make managing notebooks much more easier. Lack of hierarchy on folder management is the biggest problem&missing feature of all note taking apps which are currently available and this difference will surely make GoodNotes the preferred one over other competitors.

707 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mehmet Sonmez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminGoodNotes (Moderator, GoodNotes) responded  · 

We’re happy to inform you that we have started working on a much better document management system. Tags and folders will likely be part of it.

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tags not folders

Document "2017 tax notes’ would show up under tags "taxes", "2017" and "family"

• Sven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to put any documents into more than one folder :-/ but it should be ever the same document. Can You pleas add a function like symlink? In folder X is the real document, and I can create a symlink and put it into folder Y...

• Paul Durham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent idea. I agree--better document management would be a big improvement. One of the few weaknesses of the current version.

• JWH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great news! I like GN, but this limitation is making me look at alternatives. However my preference would be to stay with GN. Is there an indication of when this will be available?

• MartinS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh yes
        The possibility to nest more folders would really benefit the use of GN.

• HB-JLS™ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to also have the possibility to store non-pdf files, like Word or Excel

• Weechancer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I must be doing something wrong - I can already create a sub-category within a category... Also make significant use of bookmarks within a note book. - there is a good article on the blog that describes this

• Friede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For better organization, it would be great to have multiple levels of subcategories (a sub-category in a category in a main-category)

• CI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree! My GN is starting to bloat, so I have started to investigate alternatives. I found some (out of respect for GN I wont mention them here). But I am still drawn to the simplicity and effectiveness of GN. But please. add sub-categories (folders) so we can get "Organizized"

• John Date commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree in this. I've most enjoyed this in other apps by dragging one notebook onto another to create the folder (a la IOS). The few apps doing this make good use of the metaphor.

• Aron Teutsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Application you have just 2 hierarchic folders, but more hierarchic folders would be nice, so that you can organic your files better.
        Im using this Application as student, and it's so useful, cloud system is working perfect, but i have so many files on it, already organized in folders, that i need more hierarchic folders, to organize better the mass of files :-)

PS: and of course thx a lot for the great App

Feedback and Knowledge Base