I suggest you ...

Fix iCloud Sync

Fixing slow or never ending iCloud Upload. Just a few notes from me get synced to other devices. The most notes are never synced and just get tagged with the Upload arrow.

684 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Das_PflanzeDas_Pflanze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  GoodNotesAdminGoodNotes (Moderator, GoodNotes) responded  · 

Hi everyone,

we are very sorry about the ongoing issues with iCloud. We are already working on a new version that will offer a permanent solution because we don’t want to rely solely on iCloud anymore. We are making very good progress with the development, but it takes some time because we’re rewriting our entire code and are adding further major improvements to the app. In the meantime, we would suggest to use an automatic backup to another cloud storage of your choice to keep your files safe.

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this as soon as possible. Its kinda disappointing that your site advertises how fast the icloud sync works, when in fact it doesnt work at all! It nearly end of April and theres no update on this for 3 months.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's getting worse. I've been forced to "nuke and pave" GoodNotes on my iPad 3x in the past week, and I'm worried that I've lost some important notes along the way. It will DOWNLOAD everything just fine, but the iPad refuses to upload anything.

PLEASE MAKE A RELIABLE SYNC SOLUTION YOUR #1 PRIORITY!

• XavierXavier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not true, I have the same reply for the las one year. I will leave soon this application. In fact it looks like the main problem is from the iPad's version. The sync with iCloud is ok with the iPhone and the MacBook.
        OneNote from Microsoft improved well and I think I will migrate to this one, and it is also compatible with all apple devices + PC....

• Tim.ArdtTim.Ardt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous - cloud sync seems to be a no brainer for a lot of other famous and frequently downloaded apps. However Goodnotes is not able to solve it? Or at least not in due time.

Guys -> hurry up! Or otherwise people will just stop using Goodnotes. And by the way -> suggesting to back up in different places is not the solution to the problem. THE PROBLEM is seamless collaboration between devices! That is what people need these days. Nothing more nothing less!

And please provide a due date as to when to fix this? The message from the Moderator is from Jan 2017 -> a quarter year later ... NOTHING?!? When is the planned release ... and please no evasive answers. It is just software and not rocket science.

Thx.

• ChenChen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on
        Fix the bug and release a new version asap!
        I feel disappointed.

• Leonardo BighiLeonardo Bighi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been months, and GoodNotes is still having iCloud problems.

I bought the app three days, and my notebooks are only being uploaded after I restart the device. Then the app syncs ONCE and I have to restart again.

• NevNev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll leave off getting this now I see the iCloud syncing doesn't work

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh no ! I m buying today Osx and iOs and not sync very disapointed. Put the possibility to store in folder dropbox at least.

• HYHY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i had this issue with my iPad - but used the workaround to fix it. however, now i have the issue with my mac -- and there is no workaround article for the mac system for when the up arrow never going away. can someone please let me know how to workaround this issue for the mac?

• WregWreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is HUGE and extremly bad problem!! I almost give up to use Goodnote.
        Very disappointing as a big fan of this App

• Paul van HaverPaul van Haver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yep as all the other content issues with syncing my iPad pro to my other devices. Very annoying. will keep taking backup and remove iCloud and then restore again. rather annoying.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if it is helpful - only iPad pro is not working - Mac iPad and Fon are just fine

• Michelle HMichelle H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm extremely frustrated with this. I've tried all the workarounds, and I still get notebooks that never sync properly. There should be a way to force a sync and see a status, but there's not. I never had an issue until the last month or so with this but I'll be checking out other apps now since this is now a problem. I have a notebook of PDF papers for my class that I've highlighted, and I can't get it on my Mac. This is the only app that I use iCloud with that has this problem.

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have lost load of work over this, its doing my head in, today i spent £9.99 on notability as i rely so much on digital notepads, i have give up on this fix. Notability is not as good i must admit, but the syncing is flawless. I really hope they sort this soon.

• Stephen lStephen l commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I don't understand is why Apps like Bear, Notability, and many others don't have problems with iCloud syncing as much as GoodNotes. I use Notability all day everyday and never experience syncing problems. I am constantly switching between two iPads and a Mac.

• JLJL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates as to the status of the fix? e.g. finished dev waiting on qa that sort of thing.
        When can we expect the fix to be available?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base