I suggest you ...

Fix iCloud Sync

Fixing slow or never ending iCloud Upload. Just a few notes from me get synced to other devices. The most notes are never synced and just get tagged with the Upload arrow.

211 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Das_PflanzeDas_Pflanze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GN userGN user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Experience more and more sync issues with iCloud, while Auto-backup on Dropbox works like a charm. Please fix it asap

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this! This is the only problem with this nearly perfect app! Robust Sync is essential and necessary!

• FlorianFlorian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had this problem for half a month on my Mac. So if I wanted to have a document on all of my devices I had to upload it on my iPad. It's working now.

• JLJL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pretty big problem. For a period of time the sync was working correctly and then I noticed with the release of GoodNotes for OSX that there have been issues with the sync. Add new features such as split screen may be exciting and new and yet another blow landed against Evernote. However the integration with iCloud is a defining feature makes GoodNotes a contender against more mature products. Without iCloud GoodNotes is just another high quality stand alone note taking app.

Yes.. I restart reboot.. tried almost everything and my ipad will hardly ever sync with icloud. Other apps behave ok, why is goodnotes so poor ? I agree with others posting here - it really is teh biggest issue for me.

• JSHJSH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the sentiment on this thread - the slowness of iCloud sync is the most frustrating issue right now with this otherwise great app.

• Dave SinicropeDave Sinicrope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm begging, PLEASE fix this. Your app will be near perfect with it and is a disappointment without it.

• DRDR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea, what's the deal with this slow iCloud syncing.
        I'm about ready to jump ship and leave this fantastic app because of this frustrating 6day or even longer syncing ........
        This should be a top priority to get fix ... without using Apple iCloud as being the problem.
        I use Apples iCloud for everything and its only this app that's been given me grief!

• CyrilleCyrille commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like your idea. I notice that if you need to force your sync, you have to shutdown and restart your ipad and the your Goodnotes sync will be refreshed and all your fresh notes will be sent in the cloud. Sorry, it's special but it works.

This tends to be my biggest frustration with GoodNotes. If I want to study for an exam, I want to know that my notes will be on my desktop and my iPad. Right now I have notes that were last changed 6 days ago that still haven't been uploaded to iCloud. My iPad is pretty much constantly connected to WiFi and charged, and I use my tablet every day with school, so GoodNotes should be open and connected to the internet often enough.

Feedback and Knowledge Base