I suggest you ...

Mind map tools, arrows, outlined text boxes

I am a neurophysiologist and am constantly designing experiments. There are many moving parts and it helps to be able to draw flow charts and mind maps for each experimental design. I know many people have requested arrows, and I just want to ask that in addition to arrows we get dynamic colored text boxes (squares would be fine if they could remain editable in brain-map mode) so that I don't have to lasso things to move them and change how they connect. And PLEASE LOTS of color options and thicknesses with these!!

912 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jessie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In One Note you can keep on writing to the right. It’s really cool. I hope to see the same feature in GN.

• Valentin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree. Keep Goodnotes simple. It is a handwriting app for taking notes and sketches. If you like Mindmaps, draw it manually or use a MindMap App. For arrows, symbols or stamps, you can create your own library of PNGˋs and strore them in „Fotos“ or any cloud service.
        Again, please do no overload Goodnotes with dedicated features. It should stay a digital note-taking-app, just replacing the paper.

• Emily Hegarty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think some of the mind mapping tools will export your mind map as a PDF and then you could add it to your notebook.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Never. Use a "mindmap" App instead.
        Besides and with my full respect: Mindmapping is overrated.

• Chip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also it'd be awfully nice if we'd be able to make vector-shapes ourselves, e.g. in Affinity Designer :-)

• PierreLeRoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree with Jessie, using diagrams (engineering, modeling for ex.) within handwritten text require predefined shapes. For example, See how powerpoint implements this in its Insert/Shapes drop down menu under shapes.

• Martie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want mind maps, use a mind mapping tool like iThoughts. Please don't expect Goodnotes to do everything. It's beauty is in its minimalism.

Feedback and Knowledge Base