I suggest you ...

Infinitely long sheets

It would be nice if we could have infinitely long sheets like in Onenote. There really isn't a need to be restricted to physical dimensions of paper anymore.

471 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    asdfasdf shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe this can be just another view on the document.

- Might be interesting to find solution for adding pages between.
        - What about pages with differing size?

• CC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this needs to be a feature. At least as an option. The issue here though is that people are comparing it to OneNote, when the proper comparison is really Notability. Notability has vertically scrolling pages and it is much nicer and provides a smoother transition in both writing notes as well as reviewing notes. And it does absolutely nothing to negatively affect usability like exporting to PDF (a valid concern with the OneNote-style infinite work space).

Infinite pages makes it impossible if you ever needed to print your pages or export to other applications as a PDF. If considered, please make this an option when creating a new notebook..

please do not do this! I want individual pages or learning cards for a particular topic.

Please don't do this. This is why I ditched OneNote. Endless pages are an absolute pain - I could never find anything. If you do it, then make it an option and not compulsory.

• spsp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be sufficient / better to have a " scroll" mode for page turning. Instead of sweaping pages from left to right, new pages could start directly at the bottom of previous pages. An unobstrusive dotted line could indicate the end of a page, with an option to switch it of in the preferences. This way we could even switch from endless (scroll) mode to page turn mode and back again in the page settings.
        End of page indication would help to avoid images and text on the page break, in case i want some print outs later on - if i'm sure i'll never need those i can ignore page break and turn the indicator off.

• OscarOscar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big thumbs up fot this idea! I mostly use the normal page style bit when doing math with large series of numbers and graphs I wish I could have an infinite workspace of small squares. IT would make it so I can keep my normal notes organiserad and have one huge workspace at the end of each section containing all my equations and calculations. I hage having to swap to OneNote but as IT is now it's superior in the Free forming note departement.

so Please implement it as à paper option

It would be amazing, if only to not have to hover your hand over the edge of the iPad when writing at the bottom of the page.

• Le WangLe Wang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we can have the infinity long sheet option or view it vertically. The dotted lined can be an option to choose.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think if it is going to approved its better to be an option for users to choose between these ways.

• K WalkerK Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be a great feature. Either infinitely long sheets or vertical scroll with no space between the pages.

• ZuromaZuroma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Or, as another user suggested, at least have an option so that pages can be viewed connected vertically with dotted lines separating. The notebook idea is great, but it's limitations don't have to be carried over into the digital world

• Nicolas GuilbertNicolas Guilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Though I am not requesting Infinitely long sheets, I would love to have a view and edit ability of existing pages as a long sheet. ie. With dotted lines between pages.
        It would make note taking related to data from an adjacent page much easier.

I switched from OneNote specifically because I wanted 'physical' dimensioned paper. It's much easier to review notes by flipping pages or using the see all pages function than scrolling for miles an infinitely long page.

• TiaraTiara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! This is the top feature I was looking for in a note taking app. Please implement.

Feedback and Knowledge Base