I suggest you ...

Allow searching *all* documents, not just the currently open document.

I *love* that I can search my handwritten notes! The rub is that sometimes something I'm searching for, spans multiple notebooks. It would be *wonderful* to be able to search all of the netbooks for the currently selected category!

1,085 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeff SacilottoJeff Sacilotto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  GoodNotesAdminGoodNotes (Moderator, GoodNotes) responded  · 

We’re happy to inform you that we have started working on universal search and it will most likely be available in the next version of GoodNotes.

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mahi_NDMahi_ND commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we also have a shortcut to add a page of the same style to the notebook with a single tap, or if this already exists someone please let me know how to do it

• Mahi_NDMahi_ND commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we also add a floating eraser and change pencil color, that can be placed in anywhere in the page, to really make it quick to change between pencil and eraser etc

• Deborah NaugleDeborah Naugle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could really use this feature. I see it was marked planned a year ago, is it close to being released?

• Aaron RayAaron Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one feature that's missing to make this a truly killer app. Must throw my support behind this as the #1 feature I need.

Glad to hear that it's planned. Any update for us as to a timeframe?

• PP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great product but need the ability to search across multiple notebooks. I can not tell from the other posts, is this something that is planned for an enhancement?

• rwallxrwallx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, let me add my enthusiasm for this. Search across all notebooks would be awesome. It is your handwriting recognition ability that has tipped the scales for me in favor of GoodNotes over Notability. The addition of global search would just seal the deal for me!

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thats awesome this is planned, i just came here to ask for the same thing!

• TCMTCM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur with the suggestion. Having the search across multiple notebooks is crucial when managing large collections of notes. Notability has this feature and it is what keeps me going back to that app when I get frustrated and cannot find what is in GoodNotes.

• Damon JonesDamon Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. When speaking to clients about a particular topic, I would like to search all my clients (notebooks) for this topic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base