Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7113 results found

1. In the multi-page view of a document, the buttons on the top left and top right are "Close" and "Select", respectively. When we press "Select", the buttons on the top left and top right become "Select All" and "Done", respectively. Please swap the positions of the latter buttons so that we can press "Done" and "Close" in quick succession when we try to leave this view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adding a page in GoodNotes currently, you just pull at the end of a notebook as if you are navigating to a new page.

Imagine if pulling to add a new page had the option to duplicate the current page or changing the page template.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great to see recent files/notes I’ve saved in GoodNotes in the Files app on iPad and iPhone and Finder on Mac as well as the Spotlight on Mac to make search easier. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allows for paper to be coloured to help people with disabilities and to reduce eye strain, sort of like a wheel of colours to choose when making a sheet of paper

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I scan a multi-page document through GoodNotes or import a scanned document, the saved quality is not sufficient, so that - in contrast to Notify - not all text passages are found when searching.

This is clear if you look at the file sizes between Notify and GoodNotes during the backup.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If I want to import longer texts into GoodNotes via the clipboard that are longer than one page, the text that no longer fits on the page should be automatically inserted on the following pages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add presentation mode (like microsoft powerpoint) and still be able to annotate on the notes being presented. There is the ability to hide the tool bar, but when the tool bar is hidden, there is no possibility to continue to write on the notes. A way to hide the tool bar and still be able to annotate or use the laser pointer would be nice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi there!

I use Good Notes for taking notes in university. And I have to wrote down often medical words that good notes do not recognize. In addition I often want to typ in a language that does not exist in good notes.
    So Good Notes to allways automaticly correct my words (which are correct, but good Notes think they are wrong because it ist not in his dictonary). I know that I can disable the spelling correction. However, that work only for 1 text-box... If I go to the next slide/page, I have to disable the spelling correction each…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have set a set of color for my brush. Now I wanna to use the identical color for Text

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When converting/recognizing hand-written text to typed text, I am missing an option to REPLACE the handwriting IN THE DOSUMENT with typed text instead.
    At them moment, i can only export the converted text, which seems pretty useless (for me). Please add an option to replace it directly in the document. Thank you!
    Alex

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be useful to be able to segregate the pages that have been marked favourites into the folders that they originally came from.
    i.e. Where date, name and type are selectable as sorting methods at the top of the page, add folder so any folders with notebooks that have bookmarked pages in are shown.
    The idea is being able to find pages that have questions attached to them on a subject basis (denoted by the folder they come from).
    Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. After a screenshot is done, and we've resized it down, and we make another copy ... it would be awesome to have that 2nd copy be the same size of the previous (which we cropped ourselves) rather than the very 1st original copy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A lot of people would agree that fountain pen in Goodnotes, while still very good, lags behind the competition (Noteshelf, Notability).
    I think adding texture or random shading, similar to what you can see in real fountain pens, to the fountain pen stroke will greatly improve its visual. Addition of stub nib effect will also improve writing experience.
    Thank you,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Penultimate has a great feature, similar to GoodNotes’ AutoAdvance, where the screen moves automatically if you’re writing and it stops moving as you stop writing. This was really useful for me as it meant I mainly had to move my hand in one direction- I didn’t need to move it along the page, as the page moved itself. This enabled me to write significantly faster and reduced hand strain. It would be great to see this added into GoodNotes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi, I’m a Uni student and often times have heaps of PDF photocopies to read.

I scroll horizontally to read them as they are often times photocopies of books.

Therefore I don’t want to ‘interrupt’ the flow of the document to insert a blank page to take notes on.

I figured that if you could keep scrolling vertically to read but on each page swipe horizontally to add a page next to it to take notes on it’d be a game changer.

Once you export the file all the horizontal pages would just tuck in behind the vertical one it’s…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. At the moment, any time I reopen the app the outline settings is reset. This is very annoying as some of the imported PDFs contain their outlines which I do not wish to see in my custom outlines. The settings should be remembered for each document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?