Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6978 results found

1. There already exists the option to hyperlink typed text, which is great. But many people, including myself, primarily handwrite notes, and it would be very helpful to add the feature to select some handwritten text and attach a hyperlink to it, and also the option to attach a hyperlink to an inserted object, like an image.

On top of that, a fantastic addition would be to allow linking to other in-app locations, text or objects, whether that be clicking the linked text or object and being taken to the linked text, object, or location in the same notebook, or in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would love to have a toggle to activate something like a "zen mode". If toggled, there should be nothing except for the paper and a floating toolbar with selected tools only. The user has complete control over which tools to use here. For example, I never use stickers, so this would not be in my toolbar. However, I regularly switch between a blue ballpoint, a black ballpoint, a green brush and a red brush pen. These alongside with the eraser and lasso tool would be in my "Zen Floating Toolbar".
    Additionally, it would be very helpful to customize the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The folder organization will be better as expandable list structure like on MacOS or MS OneNote.
    So it would be possible to see folder and underfolder.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To greatly improve the quality of this application, in terms of practicality and time saving, I suggest:
    - have an "eyedropper" mode, to select a color already present on its page and be able to use it
    - to be able to have a filling function of our shapes and our diagrams, without having to spend time coloring
    - offer more style of pens

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "+"-Button in Tab Column in order to quickly and effortlessly open a new tab. Long-press the button in order to get a dropdown with recently opened / frequently used documents

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I use a lot of different custom templates for the work that I do. It would save me an immense amount of time if I could set a different default template for each folder. Example: if I open my folder of customer orders and start a quick note, it automatically uses the template I’ve created for taking orders that customers phone in because I’ve set that as the default template for THAT folder. When I open my interviews folder and start a quick note the default template would be the questionnaire that I use when interviewing applicants. Please!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We are already able to copy an image to clipboard with the lasso tool.
    Would be great if we could insert that image directly from clipboard without saving it to photos which will not create junks in the photos. A pretty small idea but an efficient one

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. GoodNotes for Mac used to be great before they switched to Catalyst. These problems have persisted for years and keeps getting worse.

Problems:
    - Can't print notes with images - None of the images actually print out, just blank space. This sucks when you make your notes in GoodNotes and want to print them out to prepare for lecture.

• Can't drag-and-drop images anymore. No pasting from a Word document, or cut/paste from Preview.

• Importing an image comes in with weird sizing

• Crop tool is missing when right clicking on images and it depends on the type of image format

• Drag-and-Drop…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love to see an add feature to outlines where one would be able to make folders/subdivisions … for example I can create and outline for chapters in a text book, then creat subdivisions for each section of the chapter (I.e., chapter 1 dropdown menu 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc…)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great if one could move/drag the page higher, so that the hand would still lie on the tablet when one wants to write at the very bottom of the page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great to name and save Audioclips to a page. This way you can hear only the information on the page you are looking at without searching for the right audio or for the right Minute in the audio. The audio should stick right to a page where you need it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Now the goodnotes on windows beta can only create notes files but can not open the notes files created by ios or share the files to other equipments. Naturally, I know that now the beta version can not sync with iphone or mac, however, the functions I mentioned beyond is also very important.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A highlighter or a tool that transforms text into bold text (just in PDF or similar, not in raster images), to stand out without background color

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Changing the color of all a specific color. An example being able to change all the color red on a page/throughout the notebook into blue. Having to lasso colors to change it can be a slow process, so it would be nice if we could do it with a few clicks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This feature would add automatic page numbering to documents. This feature will be enabled in the document settings and and exporting the document in any kind of way would keep the page numbers, unless disabled in export options. Everyone I ask is annoyed, that something like this doesn't exist, so adding this feature might actually increase ratings. I hope you add this feature because I really need it. Thanks in advance!

Edit: The user should be able select where the page numbering should start (For Example: The page numbered first can actually be the third page)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm aware I can resize/rotate my handwriting already, but, it doesn't have an option not to keep the aspect ratio. Sometimes I want to squish my handwriting a little to make it thinner inside a box.

This option I've only seen it with Elements, but even then it's a Click/DeSelect/Hold/Click again and THEN editing. It's clunky. I think this also needs to be streamlined if added for handwriting. Not a fan of Rotate/Resize being the same handle either. It makes me make a selection bigger or smaller when trying to rotate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi! So it would be really nice if there was a sign in/log ing option. This way, every user could sign in a device and have all the documents there without the need of exporting the data. This doesn't mean to delete the sync option with other apps like Google Drive or OneNote, but it would be nice. For example, if you buy a new iPad, you wouldn't have to export de data from the GoodNotes app from your old iPad to the new one, you should only sign in in your new iPad and all your documents would be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Being able to upload a transparent png or a layered pdf and be able to grab a section of that image with the lasso to copy and paste while maintaining transparency. Currently you can just select the whole image and crop or drag in each item in individually which is unnecessarily painful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. GoodNotes on MacOS needs changes to the Text box.

It runs off the edge of the page. So if I am typing the words go right to the edge then the text will run to the next line. No margin at all. This means when I start to type in a text box and type more than one line, I then need to move the text box to the left so I can then resize it to move it back to the right. This is pretty inconvenient. Should be a way to leave a margin on the page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here