Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7194 results found

1. I think you should take a look at the notes app. They have some pretty fire pencils.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The handwriting experience in GoodNotes 4 is much better, because the fountain pen is not that exaggerated like in GoodNotes 5. Please optimise this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Merging pdf, either between existing goodnotes files or those in my files, is something I do fairly regularly. I have to usually turn to online sources that are sometimes a little sketchy looking rather than paying high fees to do something that should be simple. I would love to see this ability added to goodnotes!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please kindly consider supporting Persian (Farsi) language in next update.

many thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The topic says it all really …

Currently the app preferences captures a setting for your language, with respect to handwriting recognition.

My suggestion is to extend that data point to also apply to the default language used when creating a new “Study Set” of flash cards.

The need to change this every time seems a failing on the part of the design…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice if you use a sticker of a sticky note (for example) and you write on it you can select this sticker with the writing on it without selecting the text underneath the sticker. Just like in real life, you write something on a sticky note, stick it in your notebook and then remove it again without removing what's in your notebook.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As my (and other's) studying method requires a lot of colours, I would like to be able to change the highliter or pen colour faster. So, I'm suggesting something like a detachable grid for colour selection or an option which allows me to visualize more than 3 rapid colour choices in the main bar (for instance, hiding through the settings menu the unused tools to make room for the ones that I use more frequently).
    In other words, I would like to customize my tool bar and make it more efficient to meet my specific needs. Is this possible?
    Thank…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I hope there's a function that allows me to collect all the comments written in the document and share only the comments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I often work on my laptop and ipad at the same time, adding pages from my laptop files and filling them out on my ipad. I frequently have to turn of and on icloud sync in settings on both devices to make it refresh faster.

A button to do this automatically while working on a note would be appreciated

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The folder organization will be better as expandable list structure like on MacOS or MS OneNote.
    So it would be possible to see folder and underfolder.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It'd be amazing to have Pop-up Notes. Say you're working on a paper with a dense list of questions that you'd like to answer in the same notebook. It'd be good to be able to create a Popup note (UI wise could just be a circular note icon that expands) in an area that you choose, so when you click on it a popup comes up that lets you write within that new popup.

This would also be cool for marking or writing extra notes that you don't want directly onto a document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give the option to customise folders through colours and maybe even icons and emojis that can be put over the folder for our subjects. It would make navigating a lot faster as we can see instantly where we want to go instead of relying on the smaller folder text.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Es wäre sehr sinnvoll, wenn GoodNotes 5 eine Funktionalität hätte, um ein Lineal oder ein Geodreieck welches man in der Größe und Länge verändern kann zu nutzen, für Mathematik in der Schule wäre es sicherlich sehr nützlich.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. GoodNotes for Mac used to be great before they switched to Catalyst. These problems have persisted for years and keeps getting worse.

Problems:
    - Can't print notes with images - None of the images actually print out, just blank space. This sucks when you make your notes in GoodNotes and want to print them out to prepare for lecture.

• Can't drag-and-drop images anymore. No pasting from a Word document, or cut/paste from Preview.

• Importing an image comes in with weird sizing

• Crop tool is missing when right clicking on images and it depends on the type of image format

• Drag-and-Drop…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For students it may be necessary print anotations that they made in goodnotes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When the documents get to big and I need to scroll fast, most times I don't know the page number to jump to, I'd rather like to be able to scroll quickly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We need to be able to skip to the audio part that we need by clicking on the writing that has been written at that moment. The feature already exist on notability and collanote. Thank youuu

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To import or export pdf files takes too many touches to perform. I would say Notability has mastered this.
    Being able to export to more than 1 apps. As of the moment to export a file, the file will compile all the pages and will only allow you to export to one applications, and if you want to export the same file with the compiled pages to another app you have to repeat the process and compile the pages again.
    - It would be great if you would keep the menu to export until we want to exit out of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Any Notebook that includes audio can be shared with a friend making it easy for them to listen back and follow your notes at the same time with Note Replay."

This should also include the possibility of sharing your notes and recordings to other devices as separate files. I recorded a lecture today, and I assumed that this feature was also available. When I use Notability, I am able to share both the recording and notes as separate files to my Mac.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There should be an option to straighten handwriting, like the one in Apple Notes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?