Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6980 results found

1. I tend to upload my PDFs into GoodReads based on author names and years, and I have reading lists for particular subjects with pages.

I would appreciate it when preparing hyperlinks in the reading to pdf documents I could use a search bar to find the actual document quickly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. the free Mosyle version doesn't meet our license key installation requirements because it doesn't support AppConfig in order to push the license key to devices.
    Please provide another method to install the license key.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why not implement a feature where user can type a number, e.g. X in a text box, tap “add new pages” button to add X number new pages (according to template) at one go?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom folder colors! I’m happy to have different colors to pick from, but I would love to use a color wheel for more colors like orange or different shades!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. User can pinch in and out on iPad to zoom in/out on the 12 month planner. User can import their historical planner data (from other sources) from the past decades of their life into the template (infinite free form canvas) to view the master plan of their life. The unique selling point is the digitally typed text or stylus written text in each “day” box of the planner are auto word wrap within the confines of the box border with infinite space in the “vertical depths” of each day box. User can add images, videos and links too. User can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It’s difficult to add text to the iOS app. This makes it difficult for students to study while travelling on public transport, eating at the university food court or during wait times (heavy to hold iPad up mid-air).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Why not use Microsoft Notes app feature where user can tap anywhere on the page or canvas and start typing to freely “drop/appear” text on any spot of the page? Apply this principle to Cornell page layout space - leftmost column (make sure text don’t get cut off by page lines - reduce readability).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After I copied 1,409 words from Bear iPadOS app and pasted into Goodnotes 6 iPadOS app, only some text are pasted. Most of it are truncated (data loss) as the pasted text only stops at the first page (current page). The Goodnotes 6 app failed to auto create new pages to cater to the pasted text. This is not a problem for all note taking apps in the iPad App Store.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why not max profits and global IQ & knowledge quantity or complexity of humans by implementing adjustable vertical border between Cornell page layout space (template) and page main body space in Goodnotes 6 iPadOS app? This allows user to take good notes without fear of running out of space. Integrate the concept of infinite free form canvas and Excel adjustable columns into Cornell page layout (template) for global note taking apps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The audio recordings and their sync with the written notes is an amazing feature that I use daily.
    An improvement that could be made is adding the ability to change inputs to bluetooth devices for the audio recordings (like external microphones or bluetooth headsets) - This would be especially helpful for people who sit in the back of a lecture hall and would allow them to place a microphone at the front and record the lecture more clearly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I only use the large eraser when I want to quickly erase a large portion of the screen. It would be great if, after I do that and select another tool, the eraser size would return to a default (which, in my case, would be the small eraser). As things stand now, I never think to reset the size. So, the next time I double-tap my Apple pencil to engage the eraser, it's still on large and I end up erasing tons of stuff I don't want to (this requires me to undo those changes and then change the eraser…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I use a different app (speechify) to read off pdfs, etc to me. It works really well and helps me get through readings in in uni I would struggle with other wise. However, I much prefer to highlight my readings, etc as a doc in goodnotes. I think such a feature would be immensely helpful for college students in good notes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I use goodnotes in uni and have audio recording turned on during notes in my lectures. The thing I have noticed is that while helpful, for many of my classes, when I go to make refined notes it means i have to go back and listen to the whole lecture again (often pausing alot write down and catchup with things the prof said). This means that I often have to spend 2-3 hours on a one hour lecture just to get everything the prof said written down so I don’t miss anything. Thats alot of time dedicated to a class…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Group/Lock aspect ratio/align left-right-top-down

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please bring back the ability to automatically bring up the share to option when sharing a link/collaborating. It makes me do extra steps now to take the link copied and go place it somewhere to send it that way

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have OCD, so the only thing I ask for is the possibility to justify the paragraph when we use the text styling boxes. Goodnotes gives us 3 posibilities, to align the paragraph to the left, to align the paragraph to the right, and to indent the paragraph, so WHY NOT TO JUSTIFY IT?? So simple, people! Goodness I’m about to cry.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the option in settings to remove recognized languages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I use the note-paper layout with lines and the side part on the left for punching. I like this layout because I am using handwriting and typewriting in one document. I would love to have this layout with squares and with a right and left side. So when I am printing double sided, the side part is always where the punching is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Maybe you can do an newer modern design for the Toolbar because it looks a little bit old. Maybe you can do a smaller minimalistic design because the Toolbar is a bit big and it take much space so if you do the Toolbar a bit smaller or minimalistic you can use more space to write.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to select items in handwriting mode by circling them twice with the pen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?