Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7137 results found

1. The extra menu bars and tab names just take up much needed screen real estate specially on the budget ipads with not so huge screens. While reading a book, the most i need is just my tool palette so i can highlight occasionally. Other things are just distracting and rarely needed!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I love the flashcard feature. But the flashcard display has got to be bigger: full screen. I put my maths theorems on flashcards and the text gets quite small.

I need to be able to zoom in, and treat them like a normal page while I'm doing the flashcards.

Also, it would be great to have space to write out your attempt at the flashcard before you reveal the answer. At the minute I have to open a document in a new tab.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Every time I select the eraser tool, it defaults to the largest size. So I end up erasing more than I want to, and then have to undo accidental erasures and then set the eraser to smaller size. I should be able to set the smallest eraser as default size to begin with. I love Goodnotes, but erasing is so common, this is getting to be an important usability issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If i open a lot of pages I accidentally close pages and I want a way to see all of the open pages in a glance and switch between them every time i need then and i will not have to worry about closing page and as a result of that i need to search again for the close page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have seen some relatively dangerous behavior regarding notebooks set to auto-backup. When the backup process crashes/fails, the failing notebooks are automatically excluded from subsequent autobackups (see screenshot).

This behavior is acceptable, and probably even desirable, so that other notebooks can continue backing up just fine.

What bothers me about this behavior however is that I receive absolutely ZERO notification that one of my notebooks is no longer backing up. The only way that I can find to learn this is to manually navigate to Settings-->Automatic Backup-->View Backup Queue and note the list of excluded notebooks. This seems very dangerous…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When you draw some shapes on top of each other and you would like to align the shapes perfectly, you can't select the shape you draw afterwards. May you can do it better. E.g. you can select all shapes near the area you have tapped with your finger.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow a thicker textmarker. The 7.7 mm aren't enough for some slides.
    I also use sometimes the textmarker for highlighting something by holding the marker for a perfekt rectangular - and therefore it also should be possible to make a thicker line.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When you rotate a page more than once the view doesn't update immediately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you would like to change the colour of the second colour stack an you are already in the first stack you can't double-tab onto the second coulor stack to change it.
    E.g. you already write in the coulour black in your document. Then you would like to have the colour blue (but you don't have it on the other colour stacks) then you would like to change the colour immediately and you doubletab onto the second coulour stack but this does not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like a function with which you can get to a specific place in a notebook by clicking on a text box or a shape. That the form or font is linked to the specified position.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As a user, I'd like to be able to share links to specific pages within a notebook rather than the sharing a link to the entire notebook.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add the ability to copy the sharable link in the Mac OS share menu (managed in System Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Group and ungroup favorite pages in one same document. For example, when you do literature reviews in academic work is always useful to group information related to one concept or research question. It would also be useful to see group favorite pages from different documents that have been label with the same name

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to be able to set more custom default fonts, like the handwriting mode already has.This can be efficient when there is often a need to separate the headline from the body text.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It is very annoying to me that the text mark-ups I make to a pdf get auto-formatted (e.g., inserted capitalisation I do not want because the text goes to a new line). If I could turn this feature off easily I would do it in a heartbeat. I type what I want to type, and changing it in front of my eyes is incredibly annoying, particularly as it is hard to edit text boxes in general.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As a Student, I use GoodNotes every day. So it‘s normal for me, that I have to use the double window mode. But this is a little bit problematic, if the two windows are the same document. It happens very often, that I have to copy some things from one to the other window, and like this that makes things complicated. You have to do so many things, just to copy something.
    If there would be the opportunity to have two sides, next to next, in one window (provided that it’s the same document), i would be way easier to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. GoodNotes takes several gigabytes (sometimes more than 10 gigs) of RAM on my computer for just 5 documents. These are not fancy documents, just one note with 17 pages, one grayscale textbook PDF around 400 pages, and 3 more notes with about 5 pages each. This definitely should be fixed. This happens when the GoodNotes is running for several days, and seems like GoodNotes will never release acquired RAM, which is something any programmer should have learned in his/her Introduction to Programing course. Chrome, which is famous for its RAM consumption, "only" (I used the word loosely, comparing to GoodNotes…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It is a great feature that list all highlights of currently opened pdf.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sometimes reviewing physics equations and organic chemistry mechanisms can be tiresome.

I have a suggestion, if possible, design a way for the laser to record your writing. Allow the laser pointer to record how you write your notes so when you replay it and you can watch exactly how you drew your mechanism or how you did your physics problem.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 在用GoodNotes 打开电子教材的时候,常常有几百页,用手指滑动找起来很麻烦,像n家的可以快速滚动和跳转找到自己想要的那页就很方便啦!希望多多改进。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?