Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7113 results found

1. Please make it so that we can multi-select any file when importing. I am trying to use the new collections button to start my own sticker book that can be accessed on any page or notebook but it will not let me select multiple png images from my Files! It also won’t let me upload whole folders with the png images in them. I have to instead save them all to my camera roll and then uplosd them there!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When converting a powerpoint to GoodNotes, it would be great if the comments and notes that were attached in the PowerPoint were able to be transferred as well. Since the conversion to online, my professors just post the slides with notes attached to certain slides to elaborate more on the topics. These comments and notes aren’t transferred but it would be nice to get these ported over to GoodNotes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Web Clipper for instantly adding resource from websites to a folder which can instantly add and do necessary changes

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have been using GoodNotes for over two months now. The only thing I would point to as poor is the text input/editing functions. Please add a few basic options such as Bullet Point, Check Box, and Tables.

GoodNotes is my favorite note-taking app, but the text function could be improved a little more.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to have an option of, when importing a PDF, adding a sidebar to write my notes on the documents I am reading. Writing over them is good but sometimes a sidebar would make it easier and more organized

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Similar to what is mentioned here: https://feedback.goodnotes.com/forums/191274-customer-suggestions-for-goodnotes/suggestions/41779732-cornell-page-setting-without-line

I'd like a Cornell note taking template without lines and that is more space efficient. The dimension for the Title seems a bit too large and unecessary for instance.
    Most importantly, we should have the opportunity to change the paper template such that we can choose dotted or blank paper. This feature is no longer available on Goodnotes (but appears to have been previously).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When using an Apple Pencil with the lasso tool, if I get too close to the edge of the page I frequently go just beyond the edge, causing the lasso tool to think that's the end of the lasso area selection. This typically does not result in the desired area being selected.

Instead of terminating the lasso area selection when going out-of-bounds, snap the lasso selection to the page boundary and continue lasso area selection.

(This seems to be the behavior of the macOS app when using the lasso tool with mouse. It would be good to enable similar behavior…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bitte ändern Sie das wenn ich den Auto-Zeilenabstand ausschalte ich diesen auch dauerhaft ausgeschaltet lassen kann.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I love the feature that if you draw a freehand line and keep your pen on the screen then it snaps to a straight line. But sometimes I draw/write something complicated and leave the pen down too long by mistake. I then have to erase and start again. It would be nice to be able to undo the snapping to a straight line and return to whatever I originally drew rather than return to before I started drawing.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Being able to fold a part of a page or a full page, akin to toggle list in notion. That would be immensely useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Right now the toolbar is placed at the top or at the bottom. But while working and taking notes, it requires to change the tool from highlighter to pen or vice-versa many a time. And on IPAD PRO 12.9 Inch the reach is not easy to change the tool. So if the toolbar is placed vertically on both the side then it can reduce the efforts of user. Thank you for hearing out! Stay safe :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Right now the toolbar is placed at the top or at the bottom. But while working and taking notes, it requires to change the tool from highlighter to pen or vice-versa many a time. And on IPAD PRO 12.9 Inch the reach is not easy to change the tool. So if the toolbar is placed vertically on both the side then it can reduce the efforts of user. Thank you for hearing out! Stay safe :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to be able to set the colour of the home screen to a different colour other than white and black (following the device’s display)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's difficult to adjust the line spacing with the scroll bar because my finger isn't accurate enough so I would like to be able to adjust it by putting the line spacing value in. Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. everytime I go to type out a text box I get cock blocked by the pencil to text. I enjoy using my apple pencil to move my text boxes and the pencil to text option is something I do not really like nor wanted. An option to get to this feature on or off would be awesome!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There are so many duplicate ideas for hyperlinks the votes are not adding up so I'm submitting another one, hoping you will read this and combine to see the impact on the product requests!!

PLEASE ENABLE COPY PAST OF A HYPERLINK . I want to have a notebook where I copy paste hyperlinks form a website and I can then come back to my notebook and click the link to launch the website! Please Please Please!! This is such a critical feature if your trying to work in a single note app!

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. While there is a "clear page" option for clearing annotations for individual pages, it would be helpful if there was a "clear all annotations". This way, one could clear all annotations on every page in that notebook/file, rather than scrolling through each page one by one and manually clicking the current "clear page". I ask for this feature because as a college student, I like using Goodnotes for my practice exams, and it would be helpful if I could clear all my annotations from all the pages in my practice exam and start it fresh again.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. when I was taking notes, I needed a picture from the page 1 to page 5. I made a copy of that image and tried to drag that image down to the 5th page but I couldn't move several pages down when I am holding the the copy of the image.
    the only way was to make copy on each page. meaning when you make a copy you can only drag it around whatever page shown on a screen, no further.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be great to be able to import a calendar event into a note like OneNote can. It would save time having to write that info down as well as be a good search tool.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?