Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7129 results found

1. When teaching I feel I have only two options: 1) Show the completed note set to students all at once or 2) Transfer the notes from another document into a blank goodnotes document. Option 1 can be overwhelming to students and option 2 can lead to mistakes when transferring the messages.

A feature that could solve these issues would be the option to open a document in "teaching mode". "Teaching mode" would show the students a blank document, however for the teacher on the iPad (or other device) they would see the document they had prepared with all the writing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like to highlight while I read a pdf and have the highlights exported as plain text.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please enable handwritten fonts and assisted themes for the whole app (Like a system font), which we can choose to set, after submitting a PDF of our work as a token of thanks. We can choose from available fonts and themes on the GoodNotes website, and activate them by submitting our work as an inspiration for other or new users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It will be much more convenient if Goodnotes allows users to add personal colours to the presets section for text boxes. This feature is available for highlights and handwritings but not the text boxes!! :(

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Elements tool:
    Tapping its icon in the toolbar will show a popover which is anchored to the icon in the tool bar.
    Tapping anywhere on the page will show a popover that is anchored to the tapped spot on the page. No blue placeholder symbol indicating that an element will be placed there.

Image tool:
    Tapping its icon in the toolbar will show a blue placeholder symbol in the middle of the screen and a popover which is anchored to it.
    Tapping anywhere on the page will show a blue placeholder at the tapped spot and a popover that is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This applies mainly to the situation when I am using an Apple Pencil.
    Let’s say I want to resize and reposition an object (image, shape or element).
    Right now, when a tool like the pen or the marker is selected, I have to tap and hold the object with my finger to bring up the edit menu. Then I have to select "Edit" to select the object and make it editable.
    Or I have to switch to the image, shape or element tool in the toolbar. Then I can tap the object with my pencil (or finger) to resize it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Editing text in text fields should work the way it does in Pages or Word because that’s what people are used to. It’s confusing that GoodNotes has a different way of handling this and it throws me off every time I’m working with text fields.
    In Pages and Word, clicking a text field once selects it. Then you can click it again to get the cursor to appear so that you can start typing. To deselect the text field, you just click anywhere else in the page.
    However, in GoodNotes, after clicking a text field once to select it, clicking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi goodnotes!
    I use the goodnotes app for notetaking and for digital planning and with digital planning it would be sooooo nice if you could add a feature to embade a link to another page. So let’s say I am planning my month and I want to refer to a page where I write all my important events. It would be so good for me and I am sure for others too if you could add that feature. It would be benefic for notetaking as well.

Thanks for hearing me out,
    Adalia

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So often lecture slides are provided as PDFs with absolutely no room on them to make additional notes of your own...

It would be great to have the option to convert a page to a "handout" view (i.e. like PowerPoint handout options), with either a single or multiple page slide.

Having the option to do this at the point of import, or (additionally) to convert a page to a handout by 'editing' the page later would be awesome!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. the function of cut, copy, delete etc when selecting text,images and such are so far given in a horizontal manner.
    I would like to suggest to switch the display of the options to a list, instead of a long horizontal pop up.

even after so much use of the app, it’s not intuitive to my eyes, and if by chance more users would feel the same, it might make the UX more smooth , thanks in advance ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The document scan post processing for taking pictures is really good but I commonly take pictures of my notes to insert them into goodnotes using image insert because document scan creates a new page unnecessarily. Would it be possible to implement the post processing to any image after having taken the photo? Or even making it possible to insert images that get post processing using camera insert?

Did an example of what it would look like by cropping the result from document scan below and comparing to what the camera gets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Notability", "Noteshelf", and "Planner for ipad" apps have their own official stores where we can find sticky notes, arrows, templates, planners, stickers, and notebook covers. There are also a variety of sticky notes, arrows, templates, planners, stickers, and notebook covers. If you don't have the time to customize our own notebook, it's very convenient to buy directly from the store and use it right away.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Write page number in notebook automatic at any corner..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There should a feature which allows to add definitions to words. If you tap a word you can write up a definition for it and upon tapping on it later you can see what it means. Like flash cards built into your writing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I've read the work-around of using two windows, but sometimes I want to zoom into a particular part of my visualization and lock this part, so students can better read this part. And at the same time I might have to zoom in even more so that I can better add aspects. It would be extremely helpful to have this lock-feature again. Especially on a small screen multiple windows result in having not enough space to actually do what I want to do.
    I've seen you closing this request several times, but I wanted to emphasize that the trick is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I've read the work-around of using two windows, but sometimes I want to zoom into a particular part of my visualization and lock this part, so students can better read this part. And at the same time I might have to zoom in even more so that I can better add aspects. It would be extremely helpful to have this lock-feature again. Especially on a small screen multiple windows result in having not enough space to actually do what I want to do.
    I've seen you closing this request several times, but I wanted to emphasize that the trick is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I use goodnote to note my unknown words in a GRE practice, I need to copy the words for Third-party dictionary and note the definition in zoom view, but in zoomed window I can't copy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am very close to changing to Notability because of repeated problems while writing and I tried everything please don’t say there is an answer I TRIED!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the report and sorry to hear about the issue you’re experiencing. We’d love to help you with it but would need some more information. What is happening when you’re touch the homebar? Are you using an Apple Pencil? Perhaps the palm rejection is not working correctly in GoodNotes. Usually, the homebar should be ignored while writing. It would be fantastic if you could send us a video where we can have a closer look at the problem by opening a support ticket with us here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

19. Just like the one penultimate (the app by Evernote for handwritten notes) has! It's basically an adjusted eraser size which gets smaller when you're holding the eraser still but gets larger when you speed the eraser.

This could make it easier and quicker to erase things without having to adjust the eraser size every time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 20 votes

We're glad you're here