Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7209 results found

1. Especially when picture, notes, ... overlap this would be extremely useful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I use GoodNotes to label anatomy pictures. I paste the picture into GoodNotes app on my laptop and then label the image with my iPad + Apple Pencil. Multiple times, I've labeled an image fully (takes a lot of time) and on my laptop, when trying to sync, it slightly moves the image so all of my labels are now off and impossible to re-align because when you move an image, the labels go behind it (can't see anything). It would be nice if you could merge layers (image + labels) so nothing can detach them like moving the image.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great if we could have "profiles" set up for Pen Colours (and thicknesses)

For example, for my work notes, I use Black, Red and Blue pens but for my journaling, diary, personal note taking, I also use different colours with larger pen thickness etc.

Currently I have to manually select the colours and pen thicknesses when switching from professional to personal notebooks but using profiles would help make and instant switch between different profiles for different uses

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. to have more than 3 colors (maybe 4) on the bar for highlight

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would love to use a Goodnotes' planner, but there is one obstacle in the way for me, since reminders and events in those planners are not recognised by operating system.
    I would love to have the option to sync those event/reminder information within Calendar and Reminders apps. So when I plan something (maybe within a special text field) into my planner, the event/reminder would be mirrored in those apps.

It would be even greater if it could go the other way as well - for the Reminders app: check in Reminders app = checks in Goodnotes but I am…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The names on the tabs at the top of the screen are hard to read as the lettering is only a few shades darker than the color of the tab itself. It would be great if you could increase the contrast between those two colors or give users the option to change it. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The same way that you can save three pens I would like to be able to save multiple font settings

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to save custom text box styles and easily access them (using the text style icon) so that they can be re-used rather than changing the default each time.

It would be great to use when trying to type out different styles of notes such as for headers or key notes. Take for example creating agenda week headers using pretty fonts and fun colours vs text boxes to note key points during a lecture that must be done quickly and can easily be read. In this example, it would be valuable to be able to quickly switch between different…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. writing flashcards takes a lot of time.
    Here are some ideas for improvement:

When writing a note you can link two entities (word, image, sentence..) for example by "virtually framing" them to tell the app to create a flashcard from these words (the framing will only be displayed when you tell the app to create a flashcard)

Add tags to the flashcards to better organize them, study only certain tags and see which tags need to be revised more.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change the lasso tool so that it separates images and elements.
    So it would have:
    'Handwriting'
    'Images'
    'Elements'
    'Text boxes'
    in the options for what you can select.
    Because when im trying to move a small element on a large image, it moves them both which is not what i want to do.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am a student for medicine and we are a lot in my class using iPad pen really love this app and wish it was coming in HEB support i know that it require DEV time and support however it can be really helpful specially cause of studding from home during corona time,
    also in terms of number of users it will push over students to use IPAD in class due to the option to share notes!!! PLSSSS HELP

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please insert a doted line like in notability. And the eraser that transforms a normal line into a doted line. That would help a lot.
    Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great to have the option to use a sidebar like the one we already have in the Mac version also on the iPad. Especially on large iPads this would be an easy, fast, convenient and clear way of navigating around larger documents.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The typeface would change when I type 2 languages an I gotta switch it back to the default font from time to time manually and it is really annoying. Hope it can switch back to the default font automatically after the typing the Incompatible language (I mean Chinese).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a music notebook and you already have staff paper for transcriptions in music notation. I like that a lot. I have some other apps like iGigBook and Musicnotes which accept commands from a Bluetooth page turner. It has two pedal switches; one for forward navigation, and the other for reverse navigation of a multi page score of music. I can play hands free without the need for a human page turner. Or having to stop at every page boundary to tap the screen for the next page. Can you please add this functionality? Thank you, and good work…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The current highlight tool adjusts its position based on how user draws the line. However, lines drawn manually may not perfectly align with text from the PDF file, so the inconsistent gaps between different highlights may look awkward and ugly.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a method to define photo size and/or display size to help size multiple photos the same

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'd really like a way to set up Outlines for our notebooks so that each section has its own subsection. The subsection would be linked altogether (e.g., Chapter 1 is one, Chapter 2 is another, etc.)

That way, we could more easily drag and drop to reorder things in our notebook instead of having to tediously do each slide one-by-one!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently resizing an image proportionally resizes from the centre. Often when trying to resize an image to the same size as an existing one it is convenient to line up from the corners, but as the resize feature stretches the image from the centre it becomes inaccurate and difficult to guess the relative size of images

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A "back to reading" option when browsing in the goodnotes files system would be most appreciated.

So say I leave a document I was reading in order to browse through the GoodNotes system, it would be nice to have a button which would send me back to where I was reading when I left the document.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?