Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7084 results found

1. Please add an option to remotely delete documents when they have been compromised. As a medical student, I have my iPad often times stolen by classmates. It would be great to have some sort of a backup for such cases.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a shell window--that can be inserted on Monthly calendars- to show my SYNCED GOOGLE CALENDAR !

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Choosing favourite pages from different files and putting them collectively in a single folder and when I enter to any page of them it sends me back to its original file. It will really help me in my studys. Please add this feature it help us to re read important slides before exam
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A brush that when passed over the colors mixes them and thus creates gradients, for texts and drawings!
    I will leave an example of some texts that are nice in the procreate app, it would be very useful to have a mixer brush integrated in GoodNotes :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When text is added on one page, Goodnotes could automatically add another page below the current one, so we don't need to pull to add page as we go. Although the pull feature works, it would be nicer if this was done automatically so the user can continually write without breaking up their flow to add a page. The last blank page could be excluded from page exports as well.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. it would be great if the horizontal Page Swipe should be as smooth as the vertical.
    If you swipe to next pages you must do a long way with your finger.Sometimes two or three times.
    It needs to be faster.
    Thank you…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The zoom window is great but it would be better if it wasn't locked to the bottom of the screen.

If the zoom window could be moved to the upper or lower corners of the screen or relegated to a movable box. That way you could use the zoom window without moving the entire document all the time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The space above pencil toolbar that has share, search, and other buttons be collapsible for more headroom.

I’m talking about this space:

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Whenever I use the flashcards and I accidentally touch the grey area, the flashcard tab closes. It’s very unnecessary feature and frustrating.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Creating types of pen settings based on actual pens! For example, having the option to choose a Papermate pen, a Pilot pen, a Sharpie, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New user, great app.
    Perhaps consider allowing for a/some window to be detachable and freely floating.
    A user might make a bunch of personal elements (bulletpoints, arrows,...) and have it be available. Currently there's only a non-modal thumbnail view available in the navigation bar.

Making this modal, undockable would increase efficiency for those that use this item repeatedly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If we select some page on a page and do not deselect it, I cannot select text on another page. First, I have to go to the original page deselect the page by clicking elsewhere, and then select text on another page.
    I use GoodNotes on iPad when I want to write something, but for just reading and highlighting, and underlining I use the monitor. I feel the experience on the macOS app related to highlighting and underlining can be improved a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If we select some page on a page and do not deselect it, I cannot select text on another page. First, I have to go to the original page deselect the page by clicking elsewhere, and then select text on another page.
    I use GoodNotes on iPad when I want to write something, but for just reading and highlighting, and underlining I use the monitor. I feel the experience on the macOS app related to highlighting and underlining can be improved a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. GoodNotes is an amazing app and I really appreciate all it can do. Recently, I started making flashcards with it. This is when I encountered a problem while I was trying to study those flashcards. I learned that I couldn't zoom in on the flashcards when in study mode. This is a major issue with the flashcards feature because my small iPhone screen does not show the details of the pictures that I attached, which makes it impossible for me to study these flashcards properly. Please try to fix this ASAP because zooming in on the images to see the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I love GoodNotes, and it's been a lifesaver with returning to grad school. I use it for all of my reading, which is all digitised this term, but as someone with a reading disorder, I would love if there was a way to turn on an accessible reading ruler, ideally with an adjustable size and colour overlay.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I’m drawing a function like on a graph it would be helpful if i could just draw a parabola without it being ruined or not proper.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. as of now, it’s a fairly standard text input box, but i’d love if we could have the functionality of Pages, where it’s already formatted for text

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Most of PDFs have build-in links in the table of content. However, GN aren't enable to click those links to navigate to the page. I need to add outlines by myself.

I really need this feature, especially for those PDFs with too many pages.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Being able to add a link / hyperlink to the document where you can directly go to youtube would increase the workflow.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If i open a lot of pages I accidentally close pages and I want a way to see all of the open pages in a glance and switch between them every time i need then and i will not have to worry about closing page and as a result of that i need to search again for the close page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?