Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7123 results found

1. Imagine someone is writing in black paper with white pencil but he wants to print his notes. It would help if he could choose all the pages he wants to print and change both template of paper as well as the color of the pencil. Especially for the color there could be a choice that says change color A (specifically) to color B so as to not lose all other secondary colors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When you rotate an object after using the lasso, it is not possible to keep the size because the functions are mixed. Resizing and rotating should be two functions or you need to be able to lock the size while rotating.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have shaky hands, and while the straight line feature on the highlighter is helpful, it would be awesome to have the option to change the highlighter color when you select text (i.e, like you would do when you go to copy it to clipboard). You can use the lasso tool to select it after highlighting it, but that is a pain lol.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Now notability has the capability to type directly into the notes like a document, without a text box. This would be extremely useful to combine the two capabilities. Currently, the typing is the only reason I still use notability.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It'd be amazing if we could toggle on and off the pressure sensitivity entirely and rather the thickness of the strokes be dependent majorly on the speed of the stroke. This would, imo, make the writing experience a whole lot better for a lotta others like me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would appreciate if you could have appearing gridlines that would help you to align text boxes.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be cool if there is a solution pen that is only displayed when you switch to a solution mode, because for example you have a whole list full of sentences that you have to learn the answer to, and so you can just query it yourself, (the flashcards are handy, but with whole pages full of questions it gets too much). Example. You write down the questions with the normal pen, and then switch to the answer pen, with which you write down the answer.

I would also like to be able to synchronize certain OneNote pages with…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to select text from PDFs and having the option to copy, highlight, strikethrough, underline, and define (dictionary, lookup, read).

The already existing annotation options on GoodNotes are good for freehand writing, but it would be GREAT if the annotations be “snapped” directly to the text!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Let the user choose if he wants a rounded or flat highlighter. It would make highlighting easy and allow other uses for highlighters that require a flat edge.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great if you could design your own font (create every single letter by yourself), and then have your fast (bad looking) handwriting converted into your carefully designed letters. That way it would guarantee beautiful handwriting even tough you are in a hurry.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When having lots of readings for classes such as philosophy and ethics, I think it would be useful to be able to import it into the notebook, but collapse it. Same with images. So, you see the little folder icon in the notebook, click on it, and it opens either the document or image in the full page, so that it's not taking up tons of pages on the notebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi, I find sometimes I could not get my files synced. When I launch the app, I sometimes have to wait for sync, which is waste of time. Especially when I use my device to modify my files, I shift to another device. It will do nothing and I really want a button or something like pull down to refresh to sync all my files manually. I think I could be useful, thanks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I Personally have a Microsoft surface that has touchscreen and a pen. It was offered as a gift, and I don’t have the funds to buy a new device, so with that the features of goodnotes will be great of windows.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to be able to organize the notes I post on GoodNotes Community into folders (ex. by class or subject) so it’s easier to navigate a person’s profile

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think you should be able to pick your top three most-used colors to be displayed but then have the ability to scroll for faster color change. Often times when I am taking notes in class, if I want to change colors, having to open the whole folder can get me behind. While this doesn't seem like a huge deal, in college-class note-taking, every second counts and even if you miss one small detail, it can cause issues. This would be really really really helpful!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great if you could add new pages to the right of each page in vertical scrolling mode, like page(3.1).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I know gesture function for undo has already been introduced.

But,
    I am grabbing pencil in right hand and ipad in left hand, I usually grab ipad for not to be shaken when I am writing, so I have no additional hand to do gesture!! Even need two finger double tap.

Rather press undo button is fast and convinient. Eraser button is very useless for me that I have to press pen button again.

So to press undo button accurately is very important for me to use GoodNotes. But button is very small, even the slightest mislocation woudn’t work. To…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hiya, I’m dyslexic and find it easier to read and write on “gold” coloured paper, to be honest it looks more like orange but still!
    Would love to see the ability to change the colour of the paper. (- unless there already is and I cant find it? Did try look on google but couldn’t find anything)
    Anyway, so far great app!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I use a lot of different colors when I take notes. It helps me remember concepts better so I can color coat specific ideas. As of now, it is a real inconvenience having to click twice to change my color if it’s not already one of my 3 pre-selected colors. Sure, it’s just an extra tap, but since I change colors so frequently (sometimes multiple times on a single sentence), it ends up being really inconvenient. I know I’ve seen this recommended a couple times but I think a great thing to add would be a “toolbar” right below our…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Flashcards are a great way to learn.
    But when studying topics that are more complicated than vocabulary it would be very helpful to be able to write down the answer before checking if it was correct. (For example mathematical derivations). Writing the answer also helps with learning.

My idea is that the flashcard screen shows two flashcards: One with the question (like it already does) and one, that is blank. You can write down your answer in the blank flashcard using the Apple Pencil. When clicking the flashcard with the question it flips over and shows the correct answer, so…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?