Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7076 results found

1. Keep fillable PDF forms fillable once uploaded in GoodNotes. Currently the fields are deactivated

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently the only way to favourite a document is from the file browser. It would be very handy to be able to favourite from within an already open document.

Also the star/favourite button on thumbnails is not present in search results.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I love GoodNotes but the most tedious thing I dislike about the program is my handwriting. It would be amazing if the text box could be configured for a general use so you can write how you would with the pen but it converts to a preinstalled font. I have so much trouble with the text box adjusting them to the side, trying to go to the next line without using the keyboard, moving the text box.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add sticky notes. This would be extreme useful when marking up pdf’s of needing to emphasize something in my own hand written notes. Also when are these updates being done? It seems like some of these things have been requested for 2 years and still not done. Unfortunately if things can not be added, I will find another app that does have these features.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Students get slides/notes/etc from multiple professors so they end up being different sizes so my idea is for font size to be a function of the width of the page (as a %) rather than an absolute value like it is now. This would make the text tool much more convenient as I could type notes without worrying about if what I'm writing is too small or too big.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the ability to reformat/re-color text via simply highlighting with a tool (similar to highlighter) rather than having to lasso and change the color.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When we left-handed people (and i guess it’s the same problem for right-handed people at the right side of the page) write on goodnotes , we cannot rest the left hand on the screen of the ipad while writing when beginning a sentence, because the paper cannot be moved around. So our hand is always partly on the edge of the ipad partly on the table.

So if it was possible to pull and push the paper around on the ipad as we want, we could calmly rest our left hand on the screen when writing. To understand what i…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Lines to locate the different elements in the page. When you want to align two elements is really difficult because there aren’t any guides that assure you the correct position.

This feature would be optional, I mean, if you want, you could use it and if you didn’t want, you wouldn’t use.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello,

I want to export a leveled PDF whilst preserving the outline I created using GoodNotes.
    I am aware that when exporting an editable PDF the outline is preserved, but this is not ideal because an editable pdf has a considerable size and the text isn't searchable, which makes it a bad choice to share the PDF online or with others.

Best regards,

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow saving favorite text styles: combination of font, size, color, alignment. Allow choosing which style to use from a list of favorites.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The laser pointer has a very cool design to it. I would love if they could make the design of how it looks into a pen so you could write notes using that design

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to be able to share the document/folder with someone without them being able to edit it. I use this in a classroom as I teach, and I'd like students to be able to revisit information which I write. Google Docs has a great function where users could either view only, or have editing rights.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Imagine someone is writing in black paper with white pencil but he wants to print his notes. It would help if he could choose all the pages he wants to print and change both template of paper as well as the color of the pencil. Especially for the color there could be a choice that says change color A (specifically) to color B so as to not lose all other secondary colors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you rotate an object after using the lasso, it is not possible to keep the size because the functions are mixed. Resizing and rotating should be two functions or you need to be able to lock the size while rotating.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have shaky hands, and while the straight line feature on the highlighter is helpful, it would be awesome to have the option to change the highlighter color when you select text (i.e, like you would do when you go to copy it to clipboard). You can use the lasso tool to select it after highlighting it, but that is a pain lol.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Now notability has the capability to type directly into the notes like a document, without a text box. This would be extremely useful to combine the two capabilities. Currently, the typing is the only reason I still use notability.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It'd be amazing if we could toggle on and off the pressure sensitivity entirely and rather the thickness of the strokes be dependent majorly on the speed of the stroke. This would, imo, make the writing experience a whole lot better for a lotta others like me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would appreciate if you could have appearing gridlines that would help you to align text boxes.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be cool if there is a solution pen that is only displayed when you switch to a solution mode, because for example you have a whole list full of sentences that you have to learn the answer to, and so you can just query it yourself, (the flashcards are handy, but with whole pages full of questions it gets too much). Example. You write down the questions with the normal pen, and then switch to the answer pen, with which you write down the answer.

I would also like to be able to synchronize certain OneNote pages with…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?