Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

75 results found

1. I cannot upgrade my work mac due to a program I have to use for my work. But I still would like to use GoodNotes on my work computer so that I can just sync my notes on the iPad and my work mac, but it appears GoodNote5 does not support mac os 10.13. Can I get GoodNotes 4 anywhere or can you somehow make it possible for GoodNotes 5 to support the older version of mac OS?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to inform you that GoodNotes for Mac is built using a technology that requires macOS 10.15 or higher. There is no way to make it available for older operating systems, unless Apple supports it too.

2. I just bought an Adonit Pixel Stylus and Goodnotes 5. Unfortunately the Stylus only works for Goodnotes 4. It'll be great do get a free redownload of Goodnotes 4, so I could use the Stylus.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, GoodNotes 4 has been removed from sale completely. Please try requesting a refund for GoodNotes 5 from Apple directly.

3. 3:7 and 1:1 are not applicable at any time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We won’t likely do this anytime soon as we’re using iPadOS’ built-in splitscreen capabilities. Unless Apple changes what’s possible, we can’t really influence it.

4. There is a line at the edge of the dark coloured page this appears only when zoomed in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To address the battery drain issue maybe you could implement a feature in which the software transforms strokes into vectors just every 10 seconds or so instead of doing it instantly. Or maybe an option in which one can deactivate vectoring on pdf files, where in my opinion it is not really necessary. This problem is huge! 15-20 % drain in 1 hour of use is unacceptable. Despite preferring GoodNotes, this is the reason I really am considering Switching to Notability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, the newly released GoodNotes Mac app is great but it only allows me to sync notes via iCloud sync. I’m a student so I tend to use Google Drive to sync most of my notes as most college students receive unlimited storage in Google Drive as opposed to iCloud. Is it possible to sync the Mac app to the notes that’s already synced to my Google drive?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry to inform you that we don’t have any plans at the moment to support any third-party cloud solutions for syncing.

8. Possible latency issue with apple pencil when USB cable is plugged in on ipad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is a general issue with the iPad and the Apple Pencil that is not only affecting GoodNotes but other apps as well. The Apple Pencil sometimes has connection issues while the iPad is charging.

9. I was using a family sharing function. But all of a sudden, 'I can't be shared' appears on my iPad and doesn't get in the app. Please solve this problem. There were a lot of important documents in the application and there was no backup. My iPad software is the latest version. I want you to tell me why this happened. And I hope I can back up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, for Family Sharing errors on the App Store, please kindly contact Apple’s support as we can’t fix it from our side. Apple should be able to fix it for you quickly.

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please support macOS10.13 and updated system .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to inform you that we currently don’t have any plans to support older versions of macOS. The technology we use to develop the Mac app requires macOS 10.15 or higher and can’t be made compatible with previous versions.

12. I’m using the 2nd gen. Apple Pencil. When I double tap to changes from pen to eraser it’s always delayed. Please improve this because in GoodNotes 4 is better

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It feels counterintuitive to make current customers pay for the same app on mac especially when many people are commenting on the poor quality of the new Goodnotes mac build. If someone purchases the iOS version, they should automatically get access to the mac version as well and vise versa! Many other apps already do this, so Goodnotes is being left in the dust on a potentially awesome feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Sadly, Apple doesn’t support offering app bundles across stores and since the mac and the iPad App Store are two different stores, developers have to create two different apps. While the Mac app inherited a lot from GoodNotes on iPad, we’re supporting and developing it independently from the iPad app too, and decided to make the Mac app a paid app as well.

14. Could you please allow one finger scrolling while Apple Pencil is not used? Or could you auto deselect every tool if user just want to browse the document?

I am facing issue where when I am scrolling with one finger (natural intuitive behaviour) when reading my notes, GoodNotes 5 recognise as a annotating as the pen tool is selected. I don't have an option to deselect the tool.

Could we also have the tool bar to be hide when annotating to allow more screen for writing?
    And, could we have an option to close all tabs? the current version will…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For now, the finger will remain the primary input method when not using an Apple Pencil. Please swipe to the next page using two fingers when not using the Apple Pencil. You can also enable Read-Only Mode which will allow you swiping with one finger.

Please disable “Always open as new tab” in Menu > Settings > Document Editing.

15. warum kann ich bei Goodnotes 5 meinen Wacon Stylus Fineliner nicht mehr einsetzen?
    Bitte um Unterstützung

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I use Goodnotes every day, and here are my suggestions:

1. PENCIL TOOL for a more organic feeling while writing.
    2. FLOATING TOOLBAR or at least a left side option for the tools.
    3. RULER TOOL for a more organic and intuitive workflow.
    4. FILL TOOL so I can fill my drawings and shapes.
    5. BOOK STYLE with two pages per view in landscape mode.
    6. LINES OR DOTTED GRID (not a dotted paper, but a visualization mode)
    7. PEN SIZE bigger to make fill areas easier while drawing
    8. CREATE HYPERLINK on certain words/shapes to other pages or websites.
    9. AUTO DESELECT for Lasso Tool
    10. VOICE NOTE
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. All of these have already been suggested to the forum by other people. It would be really helpful for us if you could add your votes/comments to existing ideas. If they don’t yet exist, please submit one idea for each suggestion, as other people can vote on it. The number of people supporting a specific idea is an important factor that we use to decide what to build.
    Thanks a lot for your submission.

17. Hello

I’d like to see dark mode in GoodNotes 4.

Cheers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GoodNotes 4 won’t receive any more updates, sorry. However, you can add custom paper templates in dark color to your template library, which will provide a similar experience to Dark Mode in GoodNotes 5.

18. as you know, crayon doesn't support pressure sensitivity. Thus, all lines in goodnotes have the same width. this doesn't feel right to me.
    you could distinguish apple pencil from crayon and make lines artificially more lively for the crayon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I hope the Mac version of Good Note 4 will be released again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The new iPad pro (2019) allows you to open Notes by tapping the Apple Pencil to the locked screen. I would love to see an option that to toggle this function to GoodNotes instead of Apple Notes by tapping the pencil to the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?